H4xz0r- ode to mercury

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SuicidalPikachu, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuicidalPikachu

SuicidalPikachu New Member

For those who don't know, Mercury was the Gardevoir d/Starmie d combo. i won 2 cities and a states undefeated with the aardvarks list that ran Scizor EX, this is an ode to mercury, and primarily Scizor EX

~POKEMON~

4x Scyther MD
    4x Scizor MD

4x Chatot MD

VVANTI METAGAME LINEVV
    2x Pikachu MD
    2x Raichu MD - Anti Empoleon
    ^^ANTI METAGAME LINE^^

2x Baltoy GE
    2x Claydol GE
    ~20~

~ENERGY~

4 Call Energy
    4 Special Metal Energy
    4 Basic Metal Energy
    4 DRE OR 3 DRE 1 Scramble
    ~16~

~TRAINERS~

4 Celio
    2 Roseanne's
    3 Oak's Visit
    1 Steven's Advice
    1 Copycat
    2 Warp Point
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Crystal shard (Garchomp)
    3 Pokedex 910
    4 PlusPower

Strat: Chatot is your starter, basically, you ideally want to have a T2 Scizor smacking down, which in most cases is a very real possibility. If you Don't start with chatot, or you like your hand, slap a call energy onto your active and put down some basics.

Scizor is really a basic unevolving S1, second attack doing 50 and able to do more, not bad. it's first attack is BRUTAL though. 1 Metal energy, 80 damage if they have a special energy, let's go through this, MOST decks run/will run at least one of the following: Call Energy, DRE, Scramble Energy, Holon Energy. That gives alot of oppurtunity to abuse this attack. He also has resistance to psychic -20 which means Gardevoir isn't going to do much to him. his 90hp is really his only bad point. however, he can be buffed with Metal energy to keep him around longer.

Claydol is my stability, drawing every turn from his power is nice, VERY nice. and a baltoy start isn't NEARLY as horrendous as it was just a few weeks ago because you can call energy out some stuff and retreat into a Claydol.

Now then. This leaves the 2-2 Line. I call this my anti-metagame line. Some options for it atm are Gyarados if magmortar is still around, doubt it.. Mismagius just because, Grumpig anti-mag/Glaceon, and Raichu, anti empoleon. Any suggestions on this line would be greatly appreciated. I am running raichu right now because 1) he's uncommon=VERY inexpensive, 2) He deals out 90 or 120 to an Empoleon *cough*pluspower*cough*, and you can stall with agility.

My trainer line was kinda of patched together. 4 Pluspower because you really have to be able to get rid of the big things fast. Pokedex because it is a really nice, overlooked card, and a 1-1 trade can keep your hand claydol happy. i was thinking of doing 2 Oaks 2 Stevens when i can scrounge up a 2nd stevens. Copycat for those decks that so happen to have big hands, or you don't have claydol. Crystal Shard is Anti-garchomp. i dn't run bebe's because i do not want to risk having to shuffle something i want into my deck in a dire situation.

I believe this will be my BR deck, and i would like some good suggestions on how to improve it. All suggestions will be personally tested by me, or most of them if some of them are just rediculous, and will not automatically be updated into the deck.

~MATCH-UPS~

will be updated after alot of testing.. ALOT of testing.....

2. ashinto

ashinto New Member

pretty good, i like it

3. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

For a tech you should have something against G&G, such as mismagius or bannet. You could also run 2 1-1 tech lines insted of 1 2-2, but that would be less stable.

4. SuicidalPikachu

ok.. Scizor makes it so that if GG plays one of their DREs, they take 80 off the bat, Scizor has Resistance to psychic lock, and metal energy helps alot too. this deck doesn't really ned an Anti GG IMO. and also, GG will see less play since people may/may not want to try new things.

5. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

GG will always wait for you to make the first move, and since your only obvious power is Claydol, they'll just juice up a Gallade first and Cut through your Scizors, meaning you will lose 2 prizes and 2 Scizors to KO 1 Gallade. And that's if they deem it necessary to play a DRE...Scyther turn 1 should be a fairly obvious warning sign.

6. Rashad

Rashad New Member

I would put in 2 Mawile Great Encounters other than that really good list oh yeah maybe one or 2 buffer piece if you have the room

7. SuicidalPikachu

i know how GG plays, i've played against it multiple times w/ Magmortar. However, once their prizes have been flipped, they're stuck trying to wring out a victory on doing 60 damage a turn without the use of their DRE. also, if they don't use DRE, it takes 3 turns to power gllade, so they have to have fodder for me to take out during those turns. also, it takes 2 prizes for scizor, or 3 if it has a metal energy.

8. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Once they flip all their prizes over, they're gonna start using Sonic Blade and sweep with Bring Down (which both get around Metal and resistance) while you're doing 30 or 50 a turn. That seems cute.

And besides, most GG lists are built so that they can hide behind a starter of some sort until they get set up.

9. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

scizor is great against decks running special energy, to compliment that i think you need someone who is great against decks that run all basic energy because most attacks worth a hoot need 3 or more energy. two pokemon come to mind immediately that fit this bill: mismagius or exeggutor.

10. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

Exeggutor might work wellm but I also think Xatu (SW) might not be too bad either.

11. Rashad

Rashad New Member

u should abuse energy removal as another option

12. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Run pokemon revers...... oh wait, run cursed sto....... oh wait. This deck does look good... But the format isn't very welcoming for it. Sure most decks use DRE/Scramble, but 80 isn't enough to cause any major problems.

13. Rashad

Rashad New Member

o yes it especially with the ball engine my opinion scizor is way faster than gallade IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.