Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hamilton Battle Road.. Triple Plus Power FTW

sar86

I woke up around 11am, with just enough time to make some breakfast and stroll my way over to Comic Connections for the tournament. The tournament started 20-30 minutes late because some of the younger ones hadn't modified their decks properly. It was a small tournament, 10 masters, 4 seniors, 9 juniors. There was 4 rounds of swiss, and for some reason no playoff.

I was playing Matt K's "Brute Force" (Machamp/Lucario) deck, as I didn't have time to build a deck before the tournament

Round 1 - David C. - Empoleon
won turn 4, he had a pretty bad start...
1-0

Round 2 - Matt K. - Electivire/Blissy/Delcatty
This match was tight the whole way, and I only one the match because everyone of his pokemon were weak to all of mine. The match went down until we each had one prize and he was 1 energy shy in his discard pile of being able to upstream ftw. I then killed his delcatty with my lucario.
2-0

Round 3 - David J. - Empoleon/Lucario
I got one Riolu out and that was it, he used Close Comabat on me t3 ftw
2-1

Round 4 - Geneses - Empoleon/Flygon ex d
This match had a really slow start, then I drew a couple quick balls and great balls to get set up very quickly, and it went uphill from there. I ended the match by taking the last 80HP from his Flygon ex with Aura Sphere, a strength charm, and 3 Plus Powers.
3-1

At the end of 4 rounds of swiss 4 of us were 3-1, sadly I only won my opponents %
The final results were
1. Sean R
2. David J
3. Matt K
4. Geneses

I got my 8 packs, and Victory Medal
In my 8 packs I pulled and Electivire lvX and Magmortar lvX
Sweeeeet

Props:
-Matt K for designing the deck, I had too much stuff on my plate to build one in time for this

Slops:
-My friend Murray going 0-4 with a good magmortar deck

Last edited:
i bet ur just calling it "brute force" so someone doesnt come along and say "hey you won with the non-deck, mario". well i aint mean. i aint gonna say that. congratz on the win!!

Back