Hardest Area To Play

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by feralitar00, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feralitar00

feralitar00 New Member

Hi,
    I live in the southest regin of the US and from what I have heard and played in that this area is one of the hardest areas to play in. I know there are other hard areas to play in I just want to know what you peaople think is the hardest in the US.
    THANKS, FERALITAR00

2. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

Hardest areas to play in IMO

1 California
    2 Florida
    3 Texas
    4 New Jersey/New York
    5 Missouri

3. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

People refuse to give Ohio any of the credit that it deserves. We have a lot of really good players in the state. I'd love to see some people try and make it in the great lakes region...and drown.

4. feralitar00

feralitar00 New Member

thanks for your replay so quick those are some of the ares I was thinking of any one else

5. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

DENMARK ;D

jk (or?)

lol

6. Mew

Mew New Member

1 Midwest (Ohio to Missouri, and up to Iowa)
    2 California (I guess you could include Oregon and Washington in this).
    3 Florida (GA, and the Carolinas)
    4 Texas (including Oklahoma)
    5 North East
    6 Great Lakes
    7 Everywhere else

Midwest is the best.

7. feralitar00

feralitar00 New Member

I dont dought any of thows areas are bad im just from what I have heard that there was like at least 5 maybe more form NC that went to worlds 2 or 3 years ago I think. I know the game might not ahve been so complex back then but still that is alot for one state thanks for the replys keep em comin

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

If anyone starts to turn this topic into "our area is the absolute best, your area stinks", it will be locked immediately and infraction points given.
    Fair warning.

9. feralitar00

feralitar00 New Member

sorry pokepop well try to keep it on a just wondering basis thanks for the warning

10. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Great Lakes/Midwest has the most good players, but not as many players overall (at least per tournament.) Florida and the Northwest both have lots of players and a large amount of good players. Cali seems to have not as big turnouts or as many good players as it used to but still has a lot. Texas/South is also pretty strong in my view.

11. During States I tried to get the top four average points to see if that could give some type of definition to an answer. Maybe you could do that for Regionals. Not that it means anything. Some players from Florida did go to another regional to play so that might throw off the results.

12. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

During New England Regs. there was quite a few n00b decks in the Senior division. I like a little challenge not Charizard PK/Tyranitar ex FTW?

13. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

I heard just recently that Cali isnt nearly as hard as it used to be, as some of the best players there are taking brakes or got banned or something.
    I believe that the highest ranked person there is around 30 points above everyone else?
    Although I could be wrong on all of this. lol

14. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

Hardest State = Florida
    Hardest Area = either the Great Lakes, the Midwest, or the South.

15. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

What is the point of this question. There is no better or worst area. All areas are different and it doesn't matter.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  16. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

But then they wouldn't be in the New England area. LOL

17. Rulemaster

Rulemaster New Member

the midwest has more world champions and national champions than all 5 of those locations combined

Ness-world champion
    Seena-national champion
    Fulop-national champion

not to mention many 2nd places in both categories

18. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

Better question:
    Who cares?

19. Scizor

Scizor New Member

1. Midwest
    2. Florida
    3. Pacific NorthWest
    4. California
    5. Texas
    6. NorthEast

FYI I'm from California and that's my honest opinion.

20. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I think if we look at the factors that might affect a community being competitive or not, I think the number 1 factor is population. Usually the bigger states have better competition because they have more players overall than other states. I think after that, it falls back on the quality of the organized play in those areas. I think it's obvious which areas have PTOs that go above and beyond to bring the absolute best tournaments to their areas, and I think that definitely promotes more competition. I mean no disrespect to any player or area from what I've said above. These are just observations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.