Has anyone used the player locator at pokemontcg.com?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Adv1sor, Nov 19, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

It just goes back to the same screen when I click on it.

Also, the Charlotte NC prerelease still shows “pending.”

Anyone know when this will be updated?

2. Imperial

Imperial New Member

on the website, i dont even know how to LogIn with the POP ID and PASSWORD they gave me.. Anyone know how?

3. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

The Player Locator function does not work at this time.

Players over a certain age (18, I think) can log in with their POP ID at the Tournament Organizer login screen, where you can edit & view your profile, and print a player ID card. Players under the magic age just get a screen that indicates "we are working on a system to protect your privacy" and won't allow the above-named functions.

Updates to tournament info seems to be a bit slow...

4. Imperial

Imperial New Member

why would they give a POP ID to everyone then? if it means Pokemon Organized Play Identification, why dont they even have a screen for it, they only have Proffesor Program login.

5. RainbowRichards

Well, they have to use some sort of ID# for tracking player ranking and tournament results. They have yet to put up a web page for Player login (this is something I have submitted to POP with last month's League feedback).

BTW, if you're 18 or older, use the link in my post above to find and log in at the TO page...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  6. farbsman

farbsman New Member

How does POP know how old the players are? When we pull numbers for the players all it asks for is there first name, last name, and state they live in. Does POP have psychics working for them now? :thumb:

7. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

I don't think there will be a player locator anymore. You can view player's profiles through the global rankings lists. I do believe that Pokemon Orgnazied Play is working on a place where players can edit their profiles.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  8. RainbowRichards

You're absolutely right! That's all the TO has to enter to assign the ID. When the player first logs in with that ID and password, they're prompted to enter their birthdate! If over a certain age (testing just now shows it is not 18), they're allowed to see and edit their profile info. If under that age, they get this message:

HTH!

9. DaytonGymLeader

DaytonGymLeader New Member

My guess is that the threshold is 13 as that's what the benchmark was with a privacy law that was passed a few years back. I've checked the .trn files prior to upload as well and it does not list an age or age group anywhere in the file. I guess they're going to leave that up to the individual to update their info.

10. old man

old man New Member

Anyone know when this will be updated?
    Updates to tournament info seems to be a bit slow...

The update of the tournaments is all dependent on the TO inputting the info!

For the pre-release this last Sunday at Plano, the TO said after he uploads EACH ROUND, it takes about an hour before it's posted. Then checking Monday morning real early, sure enough the results were there. So based on this, it's up to the TO to be on the ball.

11. Imperial

Imperial New Member

heyoooo
    i got into my thing
    it let me change my info and all, password, all that stuff, also let me print a ID Card. so its workin now, but the tourny info for the Dragon prerelease isnt up yet.

12. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

I can log in, but it doesn't show my first or last name and it won't let me edit the first and last name fields! They just show up blank!

I have only played in the Dragon prerelease in NC, which still shows as pending.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

13. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

Once your TO gives you a POP ID, they have to go back into the system and enter your name, then release the ID. I would guess that they have not done that yet. That's why the fields are blank and cannot be edited. If I get time tonight, I will check one of the IDs I have not assigned yet and see if that is what it looks like.

If you see the TO at League of know how to reach them, you might ask if they have entered your information and released your POP ID.

BDS

14. RainbowRichards

Out of curiosity - were you prompted to enter your date of birth when you first logged in with your ID and password??

15. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Yes your TO must release your POP ID. I got one last weekend and when i tried to edit my ID, i couldn't. I figured that he didn't activate it yet.
    My oldest got a POP ID a few weeks ago. I could edit his ID without any problem. He is 13.
    My middle also got a POP ID a few weeks ago. I could not edit his ID. He is 11.

So if you are under 13 (or possibly 12 but i figure 13), you will have to wait for Nintendo to get their site suitable to the under 13 laws.
    If you are over 13, and your TO has released your ID, then you can edit your ID. Otherwise if it hasn't been released, you just have to wait. *wonders if my id has been released yet*

16. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

Yes I was prompted to enter my date of birth. I am over 13.

Just a note of caution here to anyone who may be tempted to lie about their date of birth in order to see there information. Dont do it! With Pokemon using age brackets this lie will catch up to you and may jeopordize your standings.

I will email my TO and ask him to release my POP information.

Thanks again.

17. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  18. TeamBlackthorn

TeamBlackthorn New Member

Well it's great to see yet another NC player here so I'll tell you now. The PreRelease in Charlotte was not a Rated Tournament. Sorry about that. If it was you would have gotten a number similar to the DCI # but it wasn't rated down here so no points for any of us NC players. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    -The Future Olympic Fencer
    ~Nick Goble

19. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

Thanks TeamBlackthorn, considering how well I did at the NC prerelease I'm not really worried about the points :)

What concerns me more is Nintendo's apparent lack of concern about their website. I'm glad Nintendo has taken Pokemon back from WOTC, but I have to wonder at any major company that doesn't keep their website up-to-date. This is their face to the world. Either they don't understand the importance of quality or they just don't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.