Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Has Redshark helped you test more card combos??

MrMeches

Aother thread in this section asked if people really used Redshark to test decks. With the size of the groups in Redshark I have joined, and the games I have played... has Redshark helped you as much as it has me in preparing for Cities and more importantly, "seeing" the cards in use and how they can create interesting ruling situations?

At first, Redshark was a quesitonable thing ot me, and now we use it as another tool to figure what works adn what doesn't! Rogue Archetype got it going really well and filled his group. There are other groups that are close to full, and there seems to always be someone ready to play.

So has it helpd you win more? Has Redshark given players another outlet to test those strategies and card combos that many tell you won't work or fine tune that strategy of using that 1 random card?

Well, there is another group created the morning and here it is:

Group Name: MrMeches
Password: pokemon

Hope to see you cyberspace and I try to play everyone I can! This really helps with testing decks and many are scattered all over the world!

Have Fun and Remember.... SOTG!! Always!

MrMeches,

It has helped me immensely. It has taught me how to play my decks and really learn what they can and cannot do. It has also allowed me to play against decks I would not likely see. Furthermore it has saved me some serious money. By playing cards I do not have I can determine if it is worth it to go purchase those cards. Some of those cards were expensive sexy, but in play they don't play that way.

Thanks to Rogue and all the players this has been great! I will most definetly join your group ;)

I really enjoyed redshark and play testing decks. I even got good advice from others that I can share with people that I know. I even discovered a few new tricks that I think will get me some good records at Cities. Also, I joined your network. As soon as I get the time, due to school, I will be on the networks that I am a part of. THanks.

OMG @ RedShark stepping my game up ...

There ARE cards and combos out there being tested that would VAPORIZE me if i didn't see them coming.

RedShark is like ... a HUGE heads-up for cities.

I hear guys talking "hypothetically" about matchups whereas I have PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE/experience with my deck vs. almost every matchup...

Thanks for the name drop fish (Meches)...

I can't believe how many people I've brought into RedShark with a single post.
It gets to the point where I can't even play everyone that wants to play me because there's just SO MANY PEOPLE ON ready to play!!!

I guess everyone comes to me first to SHOW THEM HOW to use everything. But, after one game, they're set (and the addiction begins...lol)

I did start another new Network as well because the other one filled up so quickly....

Hamachi Network = RedShark123
Password = Pokemon

Download Hamachi here - HAMACHI Download Page
Download new version RedShark here - REDSHARK 2.31

DON'T BE AFRAID. When people first see the Hamachi download site, they're like "uh... is this ok for my computer?" ... I've downloaded it on like 6 computers now and nothing bad has ever happened. So, you'll be fine folks :)

Back on topic...

IF YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR DECK vs. GENGAR, DuknoirX, or MACHAMP, you NEED to start RedSharking now!
Because there's no way you're gonna understand how to tech for it unless you EXPERIENCE the matchup first hand.
I'm very serious about that...

The COOL thing about all of this is... you can add yourself to MULTIPLE networks and that's MORE people that are available to play against you. If you're on 5 networks, you'll NEVER EVER have to wait more than 2 minutes to start a random game against someone.
It's like league on Steroids ...

Redshark hates me. lol

I always ALWAYS get a starting hand with something like a baltoy and 6 energy. If I actually don't start like that, it usually finds some way to give me a dead hand later in the game. I can use the same deck IRL and get great results.

IMO Redshark is a good program to test decks on, but there are certain decks that don't really seem to work on it, and others that are better on Redshark than they really are IRL. I have yet to find any pattern to this.

RS does have the bad habit of putting RANDOM in the word random.... It gives you strange and impossible starts, top decking is almost impossible even if you only have a few cards left in your deck. Really, consistency is lost on this program. However, despite it's 'quirks', it is a great program that is easy to use.

I agree this program helps SO MUCH. It helped me learn to play and also is useful for testing difference play styles. Without this i could not have won my first tourney (win-a-box) YAY!!

Not only that you get to test against random decks and get ideas for your real decks, plus you don't waste time buying cards to realize it sucks. And also it shows you how subtle difference help a lot, its maybe flawed but do it!!

Also though sometimes its hard to find games,but there almost always there...

In short: yes, it has helped me a lot testing new card combos and decks

Sadly, when playing over the internet, it often malfunctions, showing cards that are not really there and more
As afstandopleren also said, you often lose consistency

But it's a free program, so all those things can be forgotten, as you do not pay a single penny/cent/euro/yen for it!

Back