Have never played EMpoleon but plan on playing it for States

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Dr. Mason, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Since Elec has died down, I think it's safe...I've heard of tons of techs and sub-attackers for this deck though....which is the best one?

Right now I'm looking at Octillery, Cloyster, Gyrados MT, Palkia X and Quagsire...

Which is the best?

There may be others I'm also not aware of...I'm definitely curious.

Thanks in advance!

2. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Gyrados is a pretty good card (Lol at them when their Magmar does 20 to Magikarp, evolve, attach an Energy, hit for 70). Octillery can get rid of Scrambles, DRE or Boost. Palkia X is amazing, use it with Mantine.

Any one of those could be good. Hope I've helped.

3. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

i'd just run it with marowak d and cursed stone. maybe a budew/roselia.

4. DL24

DL24 New Member

I run a solo varient w/ 1-0-1 Gallade and 1 Rayquaza d tech. Also stantler start.

5. Spoinxx

Spoinxx New Member

aight dude to tell ya da truth it aint because of electivire aint been winning, its because empoleon is hecka weak. and i mean i hate how yall think you is god or something, i mean i seen you play and you aint da best, but you aint da worst ei--...aight i dont wanna lie and get in trouble so i wont. empoleon got alot of problems with pretty much everythin, it also doesnt auto magmortar...which is kind of sad

6. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

I like 3 versions

4 4 3 1 line with lvx and you play er2 team mars team wager warps max fishing engine maxed glacia staduim battle frontiers cessations castaway max candies dre scrambles

Another one with raichu delta spread early and clean up with empoleon and prinpulp with cessation er2 tgmars tgwdger fishing engine or scott engine

Another line with cloyster and absol ex techs 1 ray and just snipe and snipe and cause multi kos.

Those are the 1s I think work best.they are really annoying.

7. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Lucario is a decent buddy, helps in the Blissey match-up and does decent sniping. Only problem is the different energy needs of the two, but it's managable in most cases.

8. pokemaniac93

pokemaniac93 New Member

i can work by itself.... SWIFT EMPOLEON!!! You just need to Rare Candy and start to attach DREs and doing lots of damage. Keeping in Cessation Crystal and maybe Pachy as a starter can make this deck work.

Turn 1- Pachy. Get 3 Piplup.
    T2- tart evolving and attaching DRE. Also, aatach Cessation Crystals.
    T3- While one does damage, power others up.
    T4- keep on repeating.

9. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

I'm not partial to DRE when I can help it. It also reduces the sniping damage, even in Aqua Jet.

10. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Well, playing a deck you have no experience with is a bad idea. You're much better off using something you are well familiar with (as long as it is a good deck lol). Good luck!

11. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

If you even think for a second that Empoleon is week then you are dead wrong. My brother went 19/7 with and Empoleon Lucario deck during btlrds and cc's.

12. Skull Bash

Skull Bash New Member

Empoleon is good but it's all about what you play it with. And by looking around here, most people have no idea what to play with it.