Having fun with energy

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Spectreon, Nov 18, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

4 Treeko (Dragons, 50HP)
    4 Grovyle (2 Drgn, 2 RuSa 70HP)
    4 Sceptile (2 Holo, 2 non)
    3 Skitty (SS???)
    3 Delcatty (holo)
    2 Magnemite (Drgn Random Spark???)
    2 Magneton (Drgn)
    2 Dunsparce

3 Oaks Research
    2 Juggler
    4 Brineys Compassion
    2 TV
    2 Low Pressure System
    3 Nurse
    2 Switch
    3 SER 2

11 Grass
    4 Multi

Since no one is EX, Briney fits nicely, and with Energy Trans, so does Nurse. Great healing, instead of puny Potions, and Berries ect... The Electric/Grass fits Low Pressure System perfectly.... Delcaty can discard energy all day, while Magneton gets it back. i can discard Pokemon I dont need, or energy and get them back (TV/Magneton). And Sceptile/Magneton can handle Gardy(EX) well I think too.....

Well?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  2. Bowser Minion

Bowser Minion New Member

Great deck 4/5

The only thing I would change is that you put in some fire protection, like some BBP such as zangoose/seviper. Other than that you have a good deck that can seriously damage a lot of popular EX pokemon.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Had to drop 2 Energy and a Juggler, added 3 Switch, cant believe I forgot that card..... Sceptiles 3 Retreat is steep, and gets rid of status.. so there ya go... 11 Basic, and 15 total Energy ought to be enough with Magneton.

And as far as fire tech, well, dont think I will need it too much. Delcatty and Magneton can handle it I think... will know after Playtesting....

OK, I need imput.... Should I change Dunsparce, my ideas where Lunatone, Solrock, or Girafarig (Drgn) for draw power? Or leave Dun in for Basic support?

4. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

Hmmm Very "Interesting' Combo of monsties

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

New fix,
    -1 Briney
    -1 Nurse
    -1 Switch
    +3 SER2

i have always had good luck with this card, and leaves Gardy and others defenseless

6. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

-1 briney + Nurse

7. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Actually changed slightly again... dropped 3 Rare Candies, added the other 2 Grovyles, and the added 1 more Briney, so Nurse/Briney is 3/4 now. I think Briney is better overall than Nurse, but they are roughly the same effect.... Briney can also be an Energy Return Card if I need it....

So Dunsparce, Girafarig, or Lunatone/Solrock?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

After running the deck with Dunsparce, it seems to run fairly well. I find myself saving my Oaks Research for the end of the game, after all my cards are drawn, and then shuffling a huge hand back into my deck. Despite the lack of draw trainers, Magneton/Delcatty work very well off each other.

Still may try it with the other choices (Girafarig, Solrock, Lunatone). Still not sure on the Briney/Nurse Scheme.

I think Nurse may actually be better know, but either way, 7 super healing cards!!! And with Low Pressure System offering 10 more HP, even better....

9. Bowser Minion

Bowser Minion New Member

I would definitely recommend Girafarig, it's a great card to have during early/mid game. Solrock and Lunatone are a bit differant, they're not for every deck you'll have to test them quite a bit. They're worth a shot though.

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

4 Treeko (Dragons, 50HP)
    4 Grovyle (2 Drgn, 2 RuSa 70HP)
    4 Sceptile (2 Holo, 2 non)
    2 Skitty (SS???)
    2 Delcatty (holo)
    2 Magnemite (Drgn Random Spark???)
    2 Magneton (Drgn)
    2 Dunsparce
    2 Suicune (AQ)
    1 Roselia

3 Oaks Research
    4 Brineys Compassion
    2 TV
    2 Low Pressure System
    3 Nurse
    2 Switch
    3 SER 2/Strength Charm

12 Grass
    4 Multi

Well, since Suicune is great anti fire, he got added, and Roselia is for stall/quick setup... now here are my 2 big questions

1)Should Roselia go or stay? If it goes, a solo Girafarig, or Wobbuffett, or an additional what?

2)Strength Charm or SER2. here are key facters......
    a) I get SER2 to work half the time, and it is cripplingly brutal when it does.
    b) Strength Charm allows Solarbeam Sceptile to OHKO Gardi EX, Kingdra EX, and soon to be played Sceptile EX and Swampert EX.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  11. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Overall the dek is pretty versitile, I can, with limited changes to the trainer engine, change Sceptile to most anything. Kingdra/EX, Amphy/EX, Even Swampert or other stage 2's. The fact is, I like Sceptile for now. Plus if I add SC, I can effectively KO alot of popular Pokemon for 3-6 NRG.

Magneton takes care of all waters, 120 and less for 6 in play, only 2 on it

Delcatty takes care of all Dragons cept Drago EX for 6 NRG

Holo Sceptile with 5 and a SC takes care of 2 major Ex's, and 2 more about to be released

Suicune covers weakness of Scept, and for 3 and heads hits Blaze and other fire pokes for a hundred

Plus effeciantly handles Metal with Poison/Burn

Stalls with Sleep (3 Pokemon inflict Sleep)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.