Haymaker of the Future (E-on)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Dek, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dek

Dek New Member

After look at some of the decklists for idea, a little light started glowing in my head (but it wasnt useful enough for Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand :lol: ). I thought of making a new version of Haymaker

=16 Pokemon=
    4 Magmar ex - RS
    4 Hitmonchan ex - RS
    4 Electabuzz - SS
    4 Zangoose - SS

=18 Energy=
    6 Fighting
    6 Fire
    6 Electric

=26 Trainer=
    4 Dual Ball
    4 Switch
    4 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    4 Potion
    3 Copycat
    3 Energy Recycle
    2 Low Pressure System
    2 Town Volunteer

Well, it might not be as effective as the original, but its a pretty good start, IMO. Obviously, the strategy here is to stall with Magmar ex so I can power up the other guys (mainly Zangoose so I can attack evolved pokemon and "baby rules pokemon" )

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would drop Scyther for Mewtwo and add Juggler. other than that..... maybe it could work????

3. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I hate to give a false opinion, and I may be wrong about this. But a Haymaker Deck with EX pokemon is a bit too risky in some situations.

But otherwise, the deck looks great. Maybe some Lady Outing's would help out. :thumb:

4. Strike

Strike Member

I really doubt the deck's ability to suceed. First off, haymaker wasn't even viable unless you had quick trinaers, mainly gust of wind and pluspower that could easily turn the tempo of the game quickly. Second off, energy removals were key as well and not to mention trainer disruption once players figured out Lass and Rocket's Sneak attack were key to winning. Also, probably the most underrated aspect people do not look at are some the pokemon's cheap and very efficient attacks, no pokemon could do really well unless they had incredibly efficient attacks that were seriously cheap to use.

None of the pokemon here have really effiecnt attacks that are cheap to use, with the only exception of Magmar and on a very slim possibility Zangoose. The other pokemon either have 1st attacks that don't have enough efficiency and/or have second attacks that have double colored costs. Also, the EX factor makes your pokemon much more suspectable to knockouts when you have no way to disrupt the opponent at all, it would be each game coming to your basic EX pokemon up against huge pokemon ready to deliver some really devastating attacks and then scoop up two prizes per knockout.

Unless you can find a way to throw in efficient energy removaling power and cards resembling pluspower and gust of wind, and find more efficient pokemon, in which you need to have better energy counts, meaning you must have rainbow energies or multi energies in there, scrap the deck and the idea, the times have changed and so have many of the old strategies. Good luck to you however if you decide to keep on going trying to find a way.

-Strike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.