Help on an Unlimited Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by QWERT392001, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

This is the second time I have posted my deck. I have read several other posts and realize that there are quite a few very good players that I respect their opinions. With that in mind I would appreciate any suggestions on making this deck stronger. Thanks in advance!

The Deck

4 Rainbow Energy
    4 Multi Energy
    4 Recyclable Energy
    4 Dark Energy
    1 Psychic Energy

2 Cleffa
    2 Absol
    1 Larvitar (Mountain Eater)
    1 Evee (Pokemon Power-Evolve when another Pokemon Evolves
    1 Espeon (Energy comes back to the hand)
    1 Mewtew (Energy absorption)
    1 Elekid
    1 Magby
    3 Murkrow (2 Mean looks and 1 surprise for all you oracle people)
    2 Volbeats Illuminise (Heads-Poisons....Tails-Sleep)
    1 Dunsparce
    1 Unknown (eyeball-look at the top 5 cards of your opponents deck)

4 Gust of Winds
    3 Pokemon Centers
    4 Energy Removals
    4 Super Energy Removals
    2 Pokemon Traders
    4 Brineys Compassion
    1 Town Voulnteers
    3 Pokemon Towers
    1 Oracle

The deck is not a quick kill deck.....Absol and Larvitar are there to deplete my opponents hand and deck!
    Pokemon Towers so that energy and trainer cards can not be brought back from the discard pile. Mukrow with his feint attack is the primary Pokemon for attacks. ER and SER to slow my opponents down. Eyeball to help Larvitar decide when to use Mountain Eater. Volbeat to keep my opponent off balance!
    Yes it's a slow developing deck, but I have had success with the big decks like Blaizken and others. But I am sure there is room for improvement!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  2. regice froze you

regice froze you New Member

I have never heard of this unknown. You need more basic energy. 1 is not enough. 4 energy removals and super energy removals and your sunk. Unless you add in eco gym. Yhen you could suvive but your energy and super energy removals would be usless. Last, where is oak and elm? Those should be in every unlimited deck. ADD SNEASEL ;). Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  3. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Mewtews Energy Absorption Brings The Energy Back And Espeons Power Lets Me Take It Back Into My Hand. So Energy Is Not A Problem! At Least I Think Its Not A Problem

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Is there a reason you have one copy of each?
    If it's because that's all you have, you'd want to get more copies.
    Consistency in a deck is very important.
    A lot of 40 and 50 HP Pokemon will get you KO'd very quickly.

5. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Thanks PokePop, you are one of the people whos posts I enjoy reading. Staright to the point and no nonsense. The reason for the deck is I have been trying to construct a deck that can take on a varity of decks. Each Pokemon is designed with a specific purpose in mind. The ER and SER are there to keep any big hitters from KO'ing any of my small Pokemon. With my Unknown I can look at my opponents deck and decide when to bring our Larvitar and discard their important cards before they even get a chance to play them. Volbeet either confuses or poisons the defending Pokemon, which turns off any Pokemon Powers they have and puts them in a situation where they have to retreat or risk getting hit for 40 damage on thier next turn. Absol can remove cards out of their hand if they try building up their hands. Murkrows feint attack can go through anything and with 2 dark energys can hit for 40 at a time or 20 to the bench. Mewtew can bring energy from the discard pile back into play and Espeon or Brineys Compassion can bring that all important energy back into my hand! Absol can also hit for 50 if my opponent goes up on prizes on me! Mukrows suprise attack can help me remove a card from their hand and make them shuffle it into their deck for anyone using oracles! Although no one Pokemon can inflict a large amount of damage, the varity of Pokemon combined with my Trainers is designed to keep them off balance and peck away at thier Pokemon. My deck is not undefeated, but has won consistently and usually against other decks that are playing with more powerful stage 1 and stage 2 Pokemon. Is it a perfect deck? No.... but I like to think it is something different than most of the decks being played and with the low retreat cost of all my Pokemon, energy is usually not a problem. Even when I am playing against someone with ER and SER. I know I am running on here, and I realize the deck has some flaws, that is why I am asking for advice on what people think might improve this deck. Keeping in mind-no evolutions and low retreat costs. Thanks for anyone who actually reads this and can appreciate my desire to create a different deck that can still win :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.