Help On Steelix/Scizor deck please!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TwoZeroEight, Mar 12, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwoZeroEight

TwoZeroEight New Member

alright, so im running a deck as follows:

POKEMON:

4 onix
    2 steelix prime
    1 steelix
    2 scyther
    2 scizor prime
    3 eevee
    2 umbreon
    2 uxie
    1 azelf
    1 skarmory

SUPPORTERS/TRAINERS/STADIUMS:

2 Professor Elms Training method
    2 Professor Oaks New Theory
    2 Interviewers Questions
    2 Bebe's Search
    1 Pokemon Collector
    1 Copycat
    1 Fisherman
    4 Pokemon Communication
    2 Energy Exchanger
    2 Energy Search
    2 Expert Belt
    1 Energy returner
    1 VS. Seeker

ENERGY:

9 Metal-Basic
    4 Metal-Special
    2 Darkness-Basic
    2 Double Colorless

So heres the strategy: steelix is my primary attacker, while umbreon uses Moonlight Fang to not get touched by a pokemon with a pokebody/pokepower, and then the scizor for not getting touched by pokemon with special energy. i find it efficient because all my evolves are stage 1, so not much waiting, and the energy search, energy exchanger, skarmory's metal coat attack, and steelix's energy stream attack, helps me receive the energies I need and possibly attach 2 energies per turn. the azelf and uxie are just there to refill my hand and look at my prizes.

can i get tips on how this can be enhanced, or even a better strategy to use using these or semi different cards?

thank you!!! :smile:

2. toffeefi

toffeefi New Member

Heya, I'm actually running an Umbreon/Scizor Deck at the moment.
    My suggestion for your pokemon line:
    -2 Onix
    -1 Steelix (none Prime)
    -1 Eevee
    -1 Skarmory

+1 Scyther
    +1 Scizor
    +3 Smeargle/Spiritomb (AR) [I prefer Spiritomb as my starter]

Steelix Prime is not a great attacker early game. It mostly shines late game when you need to recover some energy cards from your discard pile. This work very well in conjunction with Scizor Prime since you need to pump it up with a lot of Metal Energies to wreak havoc at your enemy. Spiritomb is to help set up your Scizor and Umbreon early game. Skarmory sucks mid-late game. =/

For your T/S/S:
    -2 Prof Elm
    -2 IQ
    -1 Copycat
    -1 Fisherman
    -2 Pokemon Communcation
    -2 Energy Exchanger
    -1 Energy Returner

+1 Professor Oaks New Theory
    +1 Bebe's Search
    +2 Palmer's Contribution
    +2 Warp Point
    +3 Pokemon Collector
    +2 Judge/Seeker/Lucian's Assignment/Something Else of your choice

Pokemon Collector is very important in every deck as it is the foundation to set up your Pokemon Lines.
    Palmer's contribution is a better recovery option compared to Fisherman. It is very versatile as it can recover both Pokemon and Basic Energy Cards.
    Lucian's Assignment allows you to transfer energy cards from one Pokemon to the other. This is a great way to power up a benched Scizor Prime, using Steelix Prime to accumulate energies from your discard pile then switching these energies to Scizor Prime.

Energy:
    -2 Basic Metal Energy
    -2 Basic Darkness Energy
    +2 Special Darkness Energy
    +2 Special Rainbow Energy

This Energy Card set-up disregards the need for Energy Exchanger thanks to Special Rainbow Energy.

In Summary:
    Scizor is the better primary attacker. Steelix is a great mid/late game support. Umbreon in certain circumstances, is a great staller while you power up your Steelix in the bench. This deck needs one more tech (to either heal your pokemon or switch opponent's active pokemon).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.