help please vaporeon versus ho-oh

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by pokedood68, May 22, 2008.

1. pokedood68

pokedood68 New Member

we have a vaporeon with hyper whirlpool and a ho-oh with pheonix turn against each other. Hyper whirlpool has you flip a coin till you get tails then discard energy attached to the defending for ever heads you roll. Pheonix turn say's "if ho-oh would be Knocked out by damage from an attack, you may flip a coin. If heads, Ho-oh isn't discarded. Instead remove all damage counters, special conditions and other effects from ho-oh. Then discard all cards atteched to ho-oh (except for energy cards) This counts as ho-oh being knocked out and your opponent takes a prize card." Does vaporeon's whirlpool effect of discarding energy take effect even though ho-oh with pheonix turn would be knocked out?

example: vaporeon's hyper whirlpool flips two heads, and my opponent flips a heads for pheonix turn. Does ho-oh lose two energies?

2. Scipio

Scipio New Member

The effect of Hyper Whirpool goes before the one of Phoenix Turn. Thus, the energy is discarded first, then you flip for Phoenix Turn.

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

I'm trying to think of a situation where it matters. Even if the Hooh player gets heads on Pheonix turn you would still get to flip to discard. Me first, you first, or both together I don't think the eventual outcome changes.

Must check out Lanturn PKs' energy grounding, just in case.

4. pokedood68

pokedood68 New Member

thanks a bunch