HELP!! The Freedom Train keeps Rolling On-States deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by kd0220437, Feb 26, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kd0220437

kd0220437 New Member

Stupid name maybe but I thought it would be catchy, this is my states deck and I really could use some advice, anything you can give me would be great. Please rate my deck too thanks!

18-Pokemon
    4-3-3-1 Torterra
    1-1 blastoise cg
    4 Smeargle sw
    1 Mew star

24 Trainers/Supporters
    1-Night Maintenance
    2-warp point
    4-Rare Candy
    4-Celios Network
    3-Roseanne's Research
    3-Master Balls
    3-Team Galactic's Mars
    3-TV Reporter
    1-Time-Space Distortion
    1-Copycat

17 Energy Cards
    :grass:8-Basic Grass
    :fire:2-Basic Fire
    :fighting:2-Basic Fighting
    3-Multi Energy
    2-Scramble Energy

60 Cards

The Strategy of this deck is to start with Smeargle. The great thing about him being the starter is 1. people won't expect it. 2. His second attack is a great counter for Gardy/Gallade as well as other decks i.e. Magmortar. Use His first attack to get energy quickly and set up your Torterra lines asap...Mew Star is a great counter for almost anything with his attack Mimicry. The 1-1 line of Blastoise is a rather obvious choice to prevent weakness for Torterra as well as Mew star against Gardy/Gallade. Thanks Please give me some input!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Thanks everyone for the input ;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  2. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

mew*'s mimicry would be good if you had holon's castform.

3. kd0220437

kd0220437 New Member

I thought about that, I don't know though. Thanks for your input.

4. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

No windstorms?

5. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Really now, no use of the energy moving, energy doubling, and quite beautiful Sceptile (GE in particular, but P4 is great too)?

Is this 'cause you don't think it'll fit into the list, 'cause you tried it and it didn't work, or 'cause it wasn't considered?

While perhaps Sceptile GE wouldn't help your Mew* tech, Sceptile P4 lets you move energy over to the Mew*, like Multi energies and basic grass. Holon Castform suggestion from earlier could be transferred around as well.

Your supporter engine doesn't feel particularly balanced either. I noticed you have multiple copies of both TV Reporter AND Team Galactic's Mars, yet almost no Copycat, and absolutely no Steven's Advice. Any reason for that ('Cause I... COULD see a reason, but it's a stretch)

I suppose the one thing that worries me most is a complete lack of powers to help you set up, as well as no starter to help you set up (beyond Smeargle's search of... Oh. Basic Energy cards.) Since you run a lot of supporters... How works Illumise and Volbeat for an interesting little trick? Certainly only a few copies of them. But it'll fetch you basics (slowly compared to Pachirisu, sure. But you'll get them eventually while still being able to search for cards with Smeargle), and recovering supporters can give you a fairly stable Celio's every turn, or maybe bunches of extra draw via Copycats/Steven's Advices? Hm...

6. kd0220437

kd0220437 New Member

I understand and as for the starter issue. I thought about Stantler but I really like smeargle in this particular deck. I do admit I need to shift my supporters around. As for Sceptile, I tryed it and it works okay, but I am not really sure I can count on him come crunch time. I like torterra a lot but am really unsure of really where to go with it, I thought about a 2-2 line of Porygon 2 with illumise and volbeat they are all really good. I will take a look at it and decide what I am going to do. Set up with this deck is rather slow, so in all actuality I need to either find a way to stall or figure something else out. I like the idea of running it without scramble and running Crystal beach to really throw off mortar, blissey, and Gardy/Gallade but we will see. Thanks for the ideas.

7. yuki_potsd

yuki_potsd New Member

this deck makes my head spiny

8. kd0220437

kd0220437 New Member

i am sorry you disprove, what makes your head " a spiny" as you so called it?? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.