help the old dude out - DS Battle help

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by magikarp2011, Feb 26, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. magikarp2011

magikarp2011 New Member

Hello everybody. I am new to this site and I put my fate into your hands. My 14 year old daughter kicks my hind side on the ds lite in pokemon because she knows all of the ins and outs. I was hoping you could give me tips on which are the best pokemon to play on the ds lite and how to get them and then how to level them up. I really don't know anything about pokemon but do know and understand the concepts of the battle as I am a yugioh wiz. so whoever would like to help me best a little girl feel free to post. thanks for all of your help. :lol:

2. ultimatedra

ultimatedra New Member

Serebii has a lot of basic info about the pokemon video games:
    http://serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml

What exactly are you wanting to know?
    Do you know what types that are weak/resist others, or are you past that and looking for battle strategy's?

3. Trainer2000

Trainer2000 Member

More information would be great. I mean, with what you've said, there's no telling what you want to do to your daughter as it relates to battling.

4. wobbufet

wobbufet New Member

There's a lot of things to consider when raising Pokemon, not just levels.

Natures decide which stats will be greater, and which will be lower.
    EVs are determined by which Pokemon you battle (excluding link battles), and they also determine stats.

STAB is when a Pokemon uses a move the same type as it, and it will receive a 1.5x boost.

IVs are determined when a Pokemon is received/caught/hatched, and help determine stats.

Offensively, I'd say Dragon is the best type to use, as the only type that resists it is Steel.

Defensively, I'd say Steel is the best type to use. Although weak against many types, it has the most resistances of any type.

Legendary Pokemon has a battle mechanic guide: Click Here to see.

I hope this helped!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011