Help with building deck

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by danio13, May 23, 2008.

1. danio13

danio13 New Member

I wish to build another deck with steel/???(don't know what other type to put, maybe water)

My question is: Is it better to buy a preconstructed deck as a "backbone" or build from scratch?

Thank you

P.S: Which Empoleon line is better? DP or MD (Does not have anything do do with new deck)

2. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

You should make your around the pokemon you want to play, not the type you want to play. Normally you want to start from Scratch(since starter decks give lots of useless commons), but if your just starting you could try the starter deck instead and make it better. (I started from scratch when I started playing, if that means anything to help your decision)
    Empoleon(MD) is better than Empoleon(DP).

3. TLesky

TLesky Active Member

Yea, I agree. I think you shoud start with a Poke, or a combination of Pokes you want to play. Then concentrate on helper Pokes, trainers, energies, etc. A precon deck is good to start with if you dont have many cards. Then as you get more cards, you can trade for additional needs to improve your deck.:thumb: