Help with Gardevoir deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by lanturn1234, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanturn1234

lanturn1234 New Member

Help!!!!!!, my deck is good but needs help against quaza which ohko's my GArdy ex.

pokemon: 24

4 ralts
    3 kirilia(2 kife drain, 1 super psy)
    3 gardy ex
    2 gardy(r&s)
    3 whynaut
    2 Wobuffet(sa)
    3 manemite(d)
    3 magneton(d)
    1 Chancey ex (quaza teck)

trainers: 16

2 moo- moo milk
    1 town vollunteers
    2 por
    2 chrystal shard
    2 warp point
    2 rare candy
    3 bill's maintenence
    2 petm

Energy: 20

3 Boost
    2 double rainbow
    3 :lightning
    12 :psychic:

2. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

ummmm how about play the deck right? lol

build up a wobby and put on shards. thats all i can say, i hate gardy decks. i dont feel like changing something, ive never even seen one of these in action (weird huh)

3. Dañel

Dañel New Member

take out the magnamite, magneton and chansey ex
    put a delcatty line add some energy recycle and aqua or magma conspiration also I think you can change the moo moo for potion or oran berry the dabage you take with the poke power is always the same why you take a risk of miss the 2 flips

well that's just my oppinion I hope can help you :grass:

4. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

There are lots of Gardevoir/EX decks here on the forum that I'm sure you can compare with. See if they do better against Rayquaza (if you have the cards to build them).

I think that when you use Wynaut you should definitly go 4 on him. It's like the Dunsparce of psychic decks. That makes it a 43% chance of getting one on your opening hand and that's as good as it gets. If it survives the few first rounds you can build it into Wobbuffet, and even use double rainbow energy on him (since he's evolved). That should reduce his self-inflicted damage to zero (and his attack to 40).
    And btw, those DRE's won't help Gardevoir/EX in any way. Because they reduce the attack with exactly the same amount as they help (not if you use the ex though and count DRE from benched pokemon). They will make you more vulnerable to pokemons that attack extra when facing a pokemon with special energy (like Golduck) + they can't be retrieved with magneton, fisherman or town volounteers. I think boost energy should be enough additional energy.

Your trainer-section is a bit weak. I can see why you have problems with Rayquaza ex. It's because those Crystal Shards cannot be easy to get out with only 3 Bill's Maintenance and 2 POR to help you. I think you need 4-6 cards of the combination POR/Copycat + 3-4 Oracles. That will get you the Shards if you spot Ray (Shards are also good against a rare Darkness deck you might encounter, because then you can strike a pokemon like Sneasel EX for full power and bypass resistance).

I like the combination 4 Dunsparce + 3 TV Reporters, which in your case would be 4 wynaut + 3 TV Reporter. When using 4 of him you'll be stuck with the extras late-game, but can make good use of them as "discard-food" for TV Reporter.

Sorry I don't have a ready made deck-list of my fix-ideas, but I hope it helped. There seems to be a lot of Gardeoivr decks listed here, just make your own personal twist to it, so you feel it's yours.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  5. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

If you want to tech in one Basic poke for Quaza, Ditto (I think Skyridge) is the way to go. For two Basic NRG's, any type, OHKO Ray.

6. Marshtomp

Marshtomp New Member

I agree with taking out the chansey/magneton. I'd max out on wobb and wynaut. Delcatty is probobly a good idea. Crystal shard should be a good enough quaza counter.

7. registeel

registeel New Member

here is what ithink is a good Gardy/ex deck

pokemon 17

4 ralts
    1 kirilia(super psy)
    2 gardy ex
    3 gardy(r&s)
    4 whynaut
    3 Wobuffet(sa)

trainers: 23

2 moo- moo milk
    2 town vollunteers
    3 por
    2 chrystal shard
    2 warp point
    2 rare candy
    3 TV Rporter
    3 petm
    4 Rare Candy

Energy: 20

3 Boost
    3 double rainbow
    14 Psy

8. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Pokemon: 18
    4 Ralts (Any)
    2 Kirilia(1 of Each)
    3 Gardevoir ex
    2 Gardevoir
    4 Wynaut(SS)
    3 Wobuffet(SS)

Trainers: 26
    3 POR
    3 Rare Candy
    3 PETM
    3 Professor Birch
    3 Oracle
    3 PokeNav
    3 Potion/Oran/Moo-Moo
    1 Town Volunteers
    2 Switch/WP
    2 Crystal Shard

Energy: 16
    4 Boost
    12 :psychic:

This deck is pretty much (give or take a few cards) the perfected version of Gardy that most every1 played b4 BAR.
    -Swampy

9. lanturn1234

lanturn1234 New Member

I don't like delcatty in this deck. to run delcatty effectively you must have at least 20 energys, and a pokemon to get them back. :pokeball:

10. Dañel

Dañel New Member

of course you don't need that much energy you just energy recycle system this way you can return 3 energy to your deck and then you can bring it out with gardevoir poke power
    :grass:

11. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

-2 Crystal Shard

+2 Skyridge Ditto

Wonder why? Well, you can drop the ditto, attach and energy from your hand(psychic), use gardevior's power to put another one on it, make ditto active and OHKO a rayquaza EX with one shot. Even if you place it out on the field early on, your opponent will know that it will not be safe to attack with rayquaza EX. In a long run, having ditto on your bench and very easy to power up is much better than having to dig through your deck for a shard and only getting one shot to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.