Hi guys - been a loooooong time.

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by ScythKing, Nov 3, 2017.

?

Sell shinings as set or individually?

1. Sell as a graded set

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sell graded individually

100.0%
  1. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Not a professor anymore, stopped being a tournament organizer. In fact after my son left home, no more Pokemon - new interests and hobbies.
    So I was going through my collections the other day and I realized - I have two complete sets of Shining Pokemon. They were pulled and put into sleeves right away so they should rate pretty good.
    Questions:
    1 - Should I PSA grade them?
    2 - Would I be better off selling as a set or individually?
    Of course Charizard is still the king of the hill and commands far more than the others but - would I get more as a set?

Thanks folks! Glad to see the Gym is alive and kicking.

bulbasnore likes this.
  2. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Yes you would get more for a set. But the set would be harder to sell as a set. It would be easier to sell as either singles or a combination of cards - less desirable with one that's more desirable. Of course Charizard you could sell all by itself.

bulbasnore likes this.
  3. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Pretty much my thoughts. So far I figure I will send the shinings ion to have PSA grading done - I believe one of the Chartizards (I have 2) is a 9.5 or maybe a 10.
    I also have the Skyridge Crystals and the prices on that Charizard is even more stupid.
    I have every set complete up to when I stopped running tournaments - the early sets are all 1st edition.

bulbasnore likes this.