Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ho-Oh idea,advice invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching this deck get CLOSE to top cutting 2 times in one regional i figured id build this and see how it runs. Here is how i build this deck:

4 togepi
3 togetic
4 togekis
3 baltoy (GE)
3 claydol(GE)
4 ho-oh

Trainers:
3 holon mentor
3 plus power
3 strenght charm
4 rare candy
3 master ball
3 quick ball
2 pro oaks visit

Energy
2 fire
2 grass
3 fighting
2 water
2 dark basic
2 metal basic
3 physcic
2 electric

Not much more i can say. If you got ideas let me hear them. Next week ill test it and see how it runs.

i found furret to be more useful for setting up ho oh and togekiss than claydol. the pulls with cosmic power were just too random to allow for the quick set up which is needed. i would also run at least one unown g to be attached to ho oh to protect against ghost head, bring down and other popular attacks which bypass phoenix turn.

unfortunately ho oh is going to be almost unplayable with the release of Majestic Dawn. Glaceon lvl X, which means pretty much every eeveelutions deck, represents as close to an autoloss for ho-oh as i can imagine (OHKO and automatically turns off phoenix turn). from here on out, ho oh is relegated to binder fodder/weird tech status.

If you're running Claydol I'd say Pachi is almost a must. Quick Ball doesn't seem to work too well unless you're running under 14 (like a 4-2-4 Kiss 3 Ho-oh lineup), so I'd switch those to Bebe's, which complement Claydol very well. Also, running Pachi will let you slim down your Pokes considerably...there's no need to have more than 3-2-3 Kiss 2-2 Dol and 3 Ho-Oh.

I'm not personally a big fan of PP/Charm in here especially in large numbers...most lists can only afford 2. Night Maintenance and Roseanne's are also key components of the deck, so I suggest finding room for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back