Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holo Energy Cards: How to un-curl them?

ApachePrime

Okay, so a friend bought us a TON of old holo energies, and we used them for a while in our decks until we noticed this problem. The energies bend upward just slightly, but it's just enough to curl them even in sleeves. So they stick together when you shuffle, and if you shuffle well you get big clumps of 3-5 energies.

Does anyone on Pokegym know how to un-curl these energies so I could use them again?

step 1. Get 2 phone books
step 2. put energys in the middle of the 2 phone books
step 3. sit on phone books for 5 mins.

Check that and if that dos'nt work......

Get some heavy hardcover textbooks and just put it on top of the holo energies.....
How many holo energies do you have to flatten? Maybe get something with a large surface area like a picture frame or a large piece of cardboard and put some weight on that...

Get some heavy hardcover textbooks and just put it on top of the holo energies.....
How many holo energies do you have to flatten? Maybe get something with a large surface area like a picture frame or a large piece of cardboard and put some weight on that...

I have some engineering text books that I can put 4 in each page. Flatten all 15 that I need real fast. If that doesn't work after a week or so, I'll try the freezer thing, see how well that works.

Get a deckbox. Preferably one of the ones you could of gotten in the prereleases from LM-CG. Then put hte energy into sleeves. Then fill the deckbox with as many extra cards that can fit. It should work in about a day but I'm not sure. I would give it some time if it doesn't work.

Go into a rage at the cards not being flat and stamp on them repeatedly while listening to loud music.

I still used those DRE's, no trouble at all!

Davids confused pokedad is the closest to the solution. The reason the cards curl is not from age or use, it's because they're saturated with moisture. I noticed this when we had the hurricanes down here in florida before worlds 04. I found without air conditioning to control the humidity in the house, the cards would bend or fold in on themselves. The way to solve this is to remove the excess water. You need to the hard case a few books that you dont care about(like phone books) stack them with the card in the middle and put them in the freezer for about an hour or so(depending on how cold your freezer is). That should help remove the excess moisture.

^^I may just sig that. lol
Couldn't you get something like a cigar case, or other sufficiently sized humidity controlled container and put them in that and set it to be as dry as possible? I get this bad feeling about putting cards in the freezer, like it will somehow damage them in some way.

Nuke 'em (DON'T ACTUALLY DO THIS)! Or if you want a less extreme method try an oven on low heat (100 F or so) for 30 minutes. Try with a bent card you do not car about first to get the settings just right for the oven.

Simple: Just use plain energys. Or what I do is put them in a toploader or just bend them the opposite way with your hands.

I ended up not using mine either after a while. I got a ton of the HP ones, and they all curled up. Now I use JPN basic energy. I lov'em.

Back