Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holo Machamp BASE SET 2

Erchivist

Hello,

I received holo rare Machamp from Base Set 2 booster .. It has Base set 2 amblem on it.. Have you ever seen that ? Is it misprint / error ? Thank you very much

Is the foil the same that you see with other foils from that set, the "cosmo foil" pattern?

Here's a good picture showing the cosmo foil pattern:

[gal=46060]Rainbow Energy[/gal]

Are you sure it's not from Legendary Collection?
What does the set symbol look like?
A PokeBall with a number 2 over it, or a military style medal?

OK. That's a fake.
The foil is wrong.
Compare it to the foil in the picture above.

I could not attach picture this page I think my membership level is not enough.
I could not understand a type of foil thing that you mentioned above but I bought this booster from Istanbul from a big toy shop,
they have no idea what they are selling :)
And its not possible for them to insert fake pokemon card to booster and close it professionally .
Opened it with my boy . I remembered interesting thing thats no energy card came up with two boosters..

I will try to make a youtube movie and ask other people too , thank you very much for your help.

There are fake packs. The fake packs look very much like real packs. I would be fooled by the packaging and artwork on the fake packs.

However, I can tell you with 100% certainty that that is a fake card.
WotC has used me in the past to determine if certain cards were counterfeit or not, so I'm not just throwing out a random opinion.

Wizards of the Coast never, ever used that foil pattern in producing Pokemon cards and so it is impossible for that to be a legitimate card.

Sorry, but it is a fake.

Hello ,

thank you very much for information, any tips to recognise fake boosters before open them ?

Would you please advice standart decks to new players ? I downloaded online and want to see meta decks , playing with theme decks for now but I wanna start other formats too
I played MTG-MTGO and there are many internet sites about meta decks but I could not find for Pokemon tcg-tcgo much

/bow

Well, seeing that you are in Turkey, I'm not sure how much advice I could give you.
In the US, if you buy from a reputable dealer, you should be all right, but I don't know if there are direct distributors of Pokemon cards in Turkey and even if there were, older boxes like Base Set 2 are all bought on the secondary market.

Generally, a store selling cards knows where they got their product from.
A real telling point is if they are selling the packs at a very low price.
Generally, in the US, discount stores that are selling the counterfeit product price it very low.
They sell packs that should cost $3-$5 for a mere $2.
If you're seeing product being sold at retail stores for below wholesale prices you know that something is up. They must have gotten the product very cheap and that is only going to happen if it is fake.

Back