Holon Circle Stadium vs Powers/Bodies

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by EHLERZ5, Jan 16, 2008.

1. EHLERZ5

EHLERZ5 New Member

I've been told both sides of the coin by two people that have played the game alot longer than I have.

Which is correct?

#1) When Holon Circle is played, you can draw a card, place energy, retreat, take damage due to poison/burn --- But you cannot attack, use powers/bodies, or even flip to move damage counters (via Gengar/Wobby). If you do the Holon Circle gets discarded and your turn ends without doing any damage.

#2) When Holon Circle is played - YOU can do what I said in #1, INCLUDING using Powers/Bodies, but you cannot attack or move damage counters or the stadium gets discarded.

I don't know why but this card just stirs up ways in how I want to use it. Can anyone tell me what type of decks this card worked well with in the past???

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

We can't give you any deck advice in this forum. It's only for official answers, not for opinions and advice.
    However, we can tell you what Holon Circle allows and what it stops.
    Or, in this case, what it doesn't stop.

Neither of your choices is correct.
    The card is pretty clear. I don't know why so many people you have spoken to seem to have a problem with reading it.

It says:

That's pretty clear. If something is not being done via an attack, Holon's Circle has no impact on it. It can be done with no problem.
    That includes drawing a card, placing energy, retreating, taking damage due to Special Conditions, using Powers/Bodies (including those that move counters).
    The damage that it is preventing is that from an attack. It is clear on this point.

It also says
    That's pretty clear too. The only action that you could take to discard the card is to do an attack. Nothing else will get rid of the card, short of effects that specifically state that they get rid of Stadiums, such as Windstorm, for example.