Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holon's Castform

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman22674

I may sound ignorant on this but I have not been playing long and I have searched all these forums and the Compendium and I did not see an answer there for my question.

Holon's Castform, if you attach it as an energy and you return an energy from the pokemon back to your hand, is the placing of Holon's Castform as an energy count as placing your energy for the turn or are you free to place an energy card on a Pokemon the same turn you attach a Holon's Castform?

I ask this because I have seen it ruled that you can and I have seen it ruled you cannot.

I get the reason you can do it as you are using the effect of Holon's Castform to place it as an energy, but it is not using that as the 1 energy you place per turn.
I get the reason you can't is because even though you are using Holon's Castform's effect to place it as an energy, that is counted as an energy placement for the turn.

Both reasons stated for each ruling makes sense and I was hoping an answer here may be able to clear it up and see who is correct.

Thanks.

If you attach it as a Special Energy card, yes, it counts as your Energy card for the turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back