Honchkrow LV.X

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by PkmnManiac, Apr 17, 2008.

1. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

Just pulled out of a pack and was wondering if there any good deck ideas around this card.

2. Psyco Pedestrian

Psyco Pedestrian New Member

Well, during Cities, there was Dark Wing Duck (DWD) which was Absol/Honchkrow. It was a hand destruction deck, but with Claydol out, you 'd be helping them more.

3. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

I see......well thanks for that vote of cofidence. Maybe there's some other ideas.

4. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

in japan there is a deck based around honchkrow and wobaufett legend maker, the concept is to lock a pokemon active and snipe the bench

a similar concept can be translated to our format if you're familiar with the cards of hp-ge, the only bad thing is lack of UF murkrow, i'm not even sure if they use that one but it makes sense

i've seen a lot of darkrai weavile honchkrow but it's never very successful DWD was alright at cities but our format has come a long way, so i'd have to say that following the way fellow americans play honchkrow definately is not the path to success with it

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  5. mila

mila New Member

3 Murkrow
    1 Murkrow SW
    2 Honchkrow
    2 Honchkrow Lv X
    1 Finneon
    1 Lumineon
    3 Skitty
    3 Delcatty
    1 Delcatty ex

3 Windstorm
    3 Warp Point
    3 Mars / TV
    1 Wager / Copycat
    2 Master Ball
    4 Celio's Network
    3 Great Ball
    2 Night
    1 TSD
    3 Copycat
    2 Stevens

7 Dark
    4 Dark SP
    4 Doble Rainbow
    1 Scramble

2HKOing Claydols is the way to go.

6. Scipio

Scipio New Member

The deck Todd describes COULD potentionally work with MT Ariados as a replacement for LM Wobbuffet. 4-2-2 Honchkrow would be the way to go, all 4 Murkrows being the MT ones. 3-3 Ariados would help, and then pack 4 Switch yourself to get Honchy X out and get it back. Sadly, the most commonly used starter (Pachirisu) can deal with Murkrows VERY well.

7. ashinto

ashinto New Member

at regionals, i played someone that used honchkrow Lv.X with gardy.

8. FatalAeroX

FatalAeroX New Member

4-3-1 honchkrow X
    4 absol
    1 umbreon *

4 mars
    3 wager

just put anything dat can discard the opponent's hand