Horrid Pollen

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SwampertEX, Nov 9, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Pokemon:20
    4 Bulbasaur (Expedition)
    4 Dark Ivysaur
    4 Dark Venusaur
    4 Scyther (Base)
    2 Cleffa (Eek)
    2 Elekid (Playful Punch)

Trainers:25
    3 Copycat
    3 Gold Berry
    3 Focus Band
    3 Elm
    3 Team Rocket's Hideout
    3 Boss's Way
    4 Switch
    3 Bill

Energy:15
    11 Grass Energy
    4 Darkness Energy

I was lookin' through some scans at Pokeschool.com and found this really cool card, Dark Venusaur! Horrid Pollin is AWSOME!!! It does 30 damage for 3 (G) nrg and you flip 2 coins. If 1 heads, the defending Pokemon is now Asleep and Poisoned, if both are heads, the defending Pokemon is now Confused and Poisoned, and if both are tails, The defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned! It's a win/win/win situation! Tell me what you think!
    -Swampert

Last edited: Nov 10, 2003
  2. Baboon

Baboon New Member

Yeah, Dark Venusaur is a cool card, giving 30 damage and Poison guaranteed, and then 50% chance of Sleep, 25% of Confusion, and 25% of Paralysis.
    The problem here is that it's Unlimited, so it would only take 1 Switch or FHE to remove those conditions. But, rather than build a new deck, I'll just tweak what's here.

Pokemon- Fine, I think.
    Trainers- I'd drop the 4 Gold Berry for some more searching/drawing. 4 Elm and 2 Cleffa is not enough for Unlimited. I'd make those 4 either Copycat or Oak. It's your choice, and either is reasonable. I'll also add 3 Bill.
    Energy- To make up for the 3 Bill I added, drop 3 Grass.

That should be a little better. :)

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Thanks for the suggestion Baboon! :D

4. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

Hello...

Since you don't have any Gust of winds, you could put in a couple Balloon Berry and attach them to Dark Ivasaur to use his pokemon power to gust a pokemon from your opponents bench.

Hope it helps....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.