Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do you cook a duck?

Dark wing Duck has been flying high over the City Championships and I can't seem to get him in the pot. Are there any cards with Dark Resistance? I can't think of any. What do you need to cook a Hunchkrow? I know Lighting can zap him but I can't get set up fast enough with Mars and Absol killing my hand.

electrode can ohko the murkrows and does 60 to honchkrow, plus you get a free energy when they KO it (it was errata'd right?) so that might be a good choice.

Whatever happened to Electivire? It with perhaps a Lake Boundary should be a good match-up since Murkrow/Honchkrow have big lightning weaknesses.

Feraligatr d said 'sup. Megagatr is still as good of an anti-meta deck as ever.

Also, Gardevoir LVX can abuse Mars against Darkwing Duck itself, and Bring Down makes Murkrows fall like...well...Ducks.

... and with no hand, how do you expect to setup Gatr d, Meganium, or Gardy Lv x? what makes Honchkrow so good is Absol.

Yep thats the problem I have. I play electivire and DWD steals all my good cards during set up. No time to evolve to a level X or even stage two sometimes. I have already pulled my brain out playing this at cities now I am losing my mind trying to figure out how to stop this deck.

wat I've learned (I play DWD myself :biggrin:) is if u don't start with the Absol is that the opponent's hand will get big.. idk y but I usually don't start with him.. so I guess the DWD player has been getting lucky and pulling the right cards and everything.. how to beat it?? I guess the only way to beat it is to get a deck that can set up faster than it..

kricketune^ is like the only deck thats pretty fast but mullagains..........
Try raichu mt it kills my empoleon in topo cut twice and has self energy can get 2 from deck for no energy!

Professor Birch!

You eed to think of altering your Supporters to include this all important card with DWD gettin so popular. If you Top Deck a Birch, you get a fair chance at reloading your hand and possibly giving you that little edge you need. The early game issue is honestly Umbreon*. Absol can be mangaed, but with the *, TGM, and Absol goin turn 1-2, it really kills!

Mawile CG also can be somewhat helpful as you can Mine for Cessation which can stall the Murkwo Swarm a bit and can stall the UMBY*! Another Opiton is Mawile PK as it can help thin the deck a bit and cause you to not get Benched. NTM it can kill their hand as they are building it up with there supporter use.

The Techs are there, but it is again as you said Mike, getting it out! Mawile PK with Rayquaza EX d could be nice as you can get the Ray out and then maybe get a chance to power it up!

~Prof. Fish~

Forgot to add Spinda! If your are Playing TTAR or Weavile Variants, this can be a great Game Changing Card! Spinda + Basic Dark = 40 damage to Absol! So you can 2hko Absol which can slow it a bit, esp if you go first! If you try Spinda, I suggest playing Crystal Beach as well! GL!!

Last edited:
MrMeches: exactly! In Japan, people's answer to Absol became VS Seeker and, even more importantly, Professor Birch. I'm sure Birch will become a key card for decks outside Japan now too.

Yeah Ray-ex d is really really good against this deck. As long as DWD starts with Absol just snipe thier bench. If you are losing just 1 for 50 or 2 for 70 and with Lake Boundary this is ohko on the Ducks.

Back