How do you play GameBoy games on Nintendo Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by LTEDDYBEAR, Nov 10, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. LTEDDYBEAR

LTEDDYBEAR New Member

[CHRISBO EDIT - Fixed title to be more descriptive.]

With the gamecube I heard you could play game Boy games on it, is that right?
    Could you tell me a little more about the whole thing?
    What would you say is better for the money, NOT A POLL.

GameCube

Game Boy Advance

LMK!
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2003
  2. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

First off, if the mods do not consider this a poll, this will be moved to the Electronic Games forum.

Secondly, to answer your question, there is an accessory that will allow you to play every title playable on the Game Boy Advance on your Gamecube. It's called the Game Boy Player, and it attaches to the bottom of your Gamecube. Insert the start-up disc into the Gamecube, a Game Pak into the Game Boy Player, and you're playing Game Boy titles on your Gamecube.

And you don't have to disconnect the Game Boy Player to play a regular Gamecube title. All you have to do is insert a regular Game Disc into the Gamecube instead of the start-up disc.

3. Joshman

Joshman New Member

In my opinion, the Gameboy Advance SP is the best system available at this time. The games are relatively cheap, the graphics are clear and sharp, and you can find the most variety of game genres on this system. The GBASP is also connecting new players to games before their time, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, and even acquaints more experienced players with games like Fire Emblem. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the GBA/GC connectivety that Nintendo seems to think is so great.

4. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Let's move this to the Electronic Games forum, where the Gamers hang out.

5. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

Good for them, but I already have two versions of it :rolleyes: I wish they'd get on with releasing a brand-new Mario sidescroller. Think how much it would rock, combining early-nineties gameplay focus with mid-this-decade experience. Just leave the household appliances out of it, please, mr. Miyamoto?

Oh, and incase it's not clear, you'll have to buy the GB Player separately from your GC. It doesn't come bundled with it. Personally, my GB mains adapter plug does the job well enough for me not to need one. Cost me a tenner.

6. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I agree that the GBASP is the best system but only because it's portable, a recharable battery, and a nifty backlight for late-night playing! ;)
    -Swampert

7. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Hey, as long as we're talking about the GBA Player, is that compatible with the E-reader?

8. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I love my GBA Player. I pretty much only use my GBA for travel only, well and trading between games of course. It is more fun to play on a big screen tehn to have to squint at the litte screen. Ok so you dont hav to squint really, but you get the idea....

10. Dek

Dek New Member

I still have the original GBA, but I still love it. The big dissapointment i found with the SP is that THERE'S NO HEADPHONE JACK. That was strike number one for me.

As for the Gameboy Player, I think its a great piece of technology. It can play all sorts of Gameboy games. It can hook up with other GBA systems, and its e-reader compatible. Makes me wanna do a review about it. hhmmm...

::heads off to Electronics Forum::

11. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I think the idea of the Gamecube Player came from the fact that we could play our Gameboy games on Pokemon Stadium I and II.

12. Joshman

Joshman New Member

Actually this idea goes as far back as the SNES, which hadthe Super Gameboy that played Game Boy games on the TV. And the first Pokemon Tours, Nintendo had something that worked with the N64 that was never released but did the same thing (since this was before the release of Pokemon Stadium).

13. Dek

Dek New Member

Well, since were still talking about the Gameboy Player, I just made a review about the accessory.

And yes, the GBP idea is orginated from the SNES Super Gameboy. They did use the same technology when making the Transfer Pak and Pokemon Stadium. Great pieces of technology :thumb:

14. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

if you are a heavy traveller, GBA SP is your pick. But personally, I'd Pick gamecube. Sure, you pay more, but you get more out of those games and GBA has many rotten games in its library. They are both good choices, but i'd go with the GC.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2003
  15. LTEDDYBEAR

LTEDDYBEAR New Member

I can't reallt decide what one I would like, But ThanksGiving sales are comeing up so they should be going on sale.

16. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I got the GBA SP because I have many friends who play Pokemon (RuSa), and the GC is somewhat less than portable, but I also have a GC and the GB Player for it.

If you're just going to play single-player games, I'd go for the GBPlayer with the gamecube. It's a no-brainer.

Oh yeah - I got the E-reader today! (it was only recently released here in Australia - like the other day). I put the E-reader into my 'Cube (Well, it is the 'Player, actually that I put my E-reader, same diff.), and transferred the Trainer from the Battle E-card to my Sapphire version!!! w00t!!!

Yep, Joshman's right on that one - players were about before this, but I still like the idea.
    I'm hoping that when Pokemon Col. comes out, It will enable you to plug in your GBA via the connector to not only use as a controller, but choose your moves on the GBA screen, so your opponent can't see what you're attacks are.

17. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Like GuardianTim said, if you are into multi player, go portable. You can always pick up the GBP later. it seems unfair to make all your friends have to come over to your huose, and sit their watching their little screens, while you get the whole TV thing going. If you are going solo, GBP now, SP later, if you can swing it....

GuardianTim, congrats on your Ereader. I love mine. It just does so much..... especially if you collected Expedition, Aquapolis, and Skyridge. There are some great mini games to be had there....

18. Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon New Member

simple, gameboy player. i think i saw a gamecube/gameboy player in walmart for about $100

19. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

In the summer, I got an email from Nintendo saying that if you bought a Gamecube from their website, you would get the Gameboy Player for free. I wonder if they still have that deal. Does anyone know?

20. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Actually, it was part of their summer promotions everywhere. They offered 1 of 4 games, or the GBP for free with purchase of a GCN. I think the deal was exed once the price drop from 150 to 100 bucks happenedd, though it is still costing the same price anyways. 100 for a GCN, and 50 for a GBP still equals 150.