Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do you register players quickly?

ukpokemonpro

As our South East Challenges have now grown to over 50 players a time it is becoming increasingly hard to register players for the event in the hour we allow between 10am and scheduled start of 11am. Does anyone have any tricks, hints or tips on how to get the players registered quickly?

We are especially keen to hear what we can do now using the POP software to speed the whole thing up!

Last edited:
Use individual signup sheets. On the sheets should be the usual pertinent info:

Name
POP ID
and some other sundry info that will help you make repeat customers:
Address
Phone #
Email Address

If this is your first POP Sanctioned Tourney, it's going to be slower as you're going to be handing out POP IDs like candy. Make sure that you spell their names correctly (not easy to correct right off the bat) and that the individual players get their password along with their POP ID. I suggest you either pool a bunch of TOs available POP IDs or email OP Support to have your quota of 20 raised. Otherwise you'll be running to someone's house to get more (after you've inputed the current list you have). If you can, get everyone a POP ID PRIOR to the event. This will speed things up some, but not much.

The software doesn't give us any speed advantages for new or existing players. When you put a new player in, it will be stored in the local players file (usually located at C:\Program Files\Tournament Manager\plaers.mdb) which is an Access file (I can't tell what version yet, but it's certainly not Access2003). SAVE THIS FILE AT ALL COSTS WHEN YOU REGISTER NEW PLAYERS. This file acts as the old text files did for local players. For later events, find the player in the pre-registered players window then double-click on them. This can get lengthy if you have a large number of players here and it doesn't sort very well. It seems to keep the order you entered people in, not using any other logical sorting method.

Hope all this helps!

after the players are up and the results have been input, anyone have any idea how long the rankings take to be updated, my profile says im ranked number 21, but the rankings page wont show me at place 21.

The rankings seem to be updated in just a matter of a few hours after the tournament is entered. As far as ir showing you in a certain rank, I've noticed it seems to give only 1 rank on your profile & doesn't specify for what format it is for. You may have to search for yourself in each format till you find your corrosponding rank.

Back