how is this deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Tank68, Mar 23, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

24 Pokemon

4 Bagon
    4 Shelgon(2 Scrunch 2 Granite Head)
    4 Salamence(dragon Wind)

2 Maril(free Retreat)

3 Cacnea
    2 Cacturne

3 Carvanha
    2 Sharpedo

18 Energy

5 Fire
    5 Water
    4 Multi
    2 Dre
    2 Darkness

18 Trainers

3 Oaks Research
    4 Energy Search
    3 Potion
    2 Switch
    3 Tv Reporter
    1 Energy Restore

Now Take It Easy On Me This Is My First Post And This Deck Got Me 2nd In A Recent City Turny. So Tell Me What Ya Think!

2. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

tap tap tap is this thing on? 38 veiwing and no response? Could use a little help here.

3. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

i dont even want to start with this deck...

tell me what ur strategy is, then i will

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  4. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

Well build fast ! Draagon wind his bench out and destroy it ! Salamance is a great card. My deck is built to win that sould be a given. I think....no I know it works well and attacks the bench stopping your opponent from building his big gun on the bench! Thanks for the help.

5. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

im confused why there is cacturne in it, im not shure what you could replace it for though.

what kind of decks has this beaten? and what did it lose to to come in 2nd at ur ccs?

6. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

Cacturne needs three colorless energy for 40 faint attack plus his poke body of Poison pay back. He goes with the stratgy of hitting the bench as much as possilbe . I have beaten a blazaken ex/ray ray deck. A Garny deck. the fosil/wailord deck. I lost when i couldn't get an water or multi energy. i held on on for three prizes but i could get a water to use bagon's dragon eye or marils bubble attacks.

7. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

This deck will of course do quite well against Blaziken, it is build to expose that decks weaknesses. It is of course also perfect against Wailord EX, but I am surprised that you have done well against Gardevoir and you would get creamed by Aggron.

I like Salamence a lot, but it is difficult to play the dragons because so many decks has Crystal Shard (because of Rayquaza). I think you have too many Pokemon and Cacturne is the one that should go. I am OK with having Cacnea since he does well while you build Salamence and Cacturne is a great Pokemon. The problem is that Salamence is a much better bench damager so you don't want to waste energy on building the inferior Cacturne. I would then change the two Marrill's (you don't have enough need for a free retreater and it just gives you more electric weakness), one of the Cacneas and one of the Carvanha with 4 Dunsparce, that makes it easier to get your basics out fast. So your Pokemon would end up with

4/4/4 Salamence line (consider changing two Shelgons to Rare Candy, second turn Salamence is strong!)
    2/2 Sharpedo line
    2 Cacnea
    4 Dunsparce (strike and run, put up Cacnea)

Don't bother with the darkness energy when you don't get the extra damage, you can discard Multi from Sharpedo with the same effect. Get two more water energy instead. I am not convinced that DRE is worth it here - Salamence is already a low damage Pokemon - but two is probably OK.

The trainers need a lot of work. Drop the Energy Restore and the Energy Search (you are only playing two different kinds of energy and your Pokemon takes mostly colorless energy), with 2 DRE and 4 Multi you should never have trouble getting the right kind of energy. With 7 spots (2 pokemon and the 5 trainers) you should add some additional draw power (Copycat, Oak's Research, Shaman), some evolution seack (Elm's research) or perhaps Strength Charm (often helpful for Salamence, particularly when you need to one-hit KO that benched Zangoose that can one-hit KO you). I don't know whether you will have space for Potion after this, it is a borderline card.

You could also use SS Arcanine instead of Sharpedo. You have an even more useful power and your deck will be more balanced (inferior against fire decks, better against most other decks). All you would have to do is switch the four cards, you don't even want to change the energy balance since Arcanine's attack should use exactly one fire energy (and you do not want DRE with Arcanine).

8. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

Wow thanks! I will try your sugestions. P.S. i have two elm's training methods i forgot them on the list. opps! Ok which Selgons would you pull? I like both and for 10 less damage i dont have to worry about the colorless weakness. Thats why I went with them. Which Bagon would you use? I have 2 with the dragon eye attack and 2 of the 40 hp ones. Agian thanks for the time and help. I will have to post my son's Kingdra deck next to see what everyone thinks it needs.

LETS GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

i made the adjustment s but the deck still likes to stall out of the gate some help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.