How much can Holon Energy WP do?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by onemaninvazn, Jan 26, 2008.

1. onemaninvazn

onemaninvazn New Member

I have a few questions on how the Holon Energy WP can be played. First of all, it states that if there is a basic water energy attached to the pokemon as well as the holon energy WP, prevent all effects of attacks excluding damage.

Now, under "all effects of attacks", does that include all special conditions, the placing of damage counters, and also discarding of energy cards?

2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

As far as I know, YES for all of what you mentioned! :thumb:

3. Dom

Dom New Member

Yep all of those and switching effects, amnesia/tail whip-like attacks etc. Anything affecting but not damaging that card. It doesn't block effects from powers though, anything like Magmortar for example would still work.

4. eriknance

eriknance New Member

Would a Delcatty with a Holon Energy WP/Basic Water combo be able to use Energy Draw after a Gardevoir used Psychic Lock?

5. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

^I don't think so because Psychic Lock hits the whole field.

6. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Psychic Lock targets the opponent, not a specific Pokemon, so probably not.

But Holon WP is some pretty hot t3ch right now. It's the only thing that's making the new Wailord* playable among so much G&G

*Assuming we actually get it...

7. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

We BETTER get Wailord. That... card... will... be... one... of... my... favourite... cards... PUI BETTER GIVE IT TO US!

Anyway, I think Psychic Lock targets the opponent, so no...

8. Turtok

Turtok New Member

O.O

We might not get Wailord!?

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was fine with the Eevees and Garchomp Lv. X, but my Wailord? Agghh!

9. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

This is what I would have said. I've seen similar answers to similar questions in the Ask the Master's forum.

Just search the Ask the Master's forum for the this "WP" Then you'll see examples of how it works. There were tons of questions on that card!

10. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Yes, I was fine with the Eveelutions, Garchomp Lv.X, even Phione, barely Mewtwo... but if they don't give us Wailord, I might quit Pokemon until we get. Either that, or I'll file in a complaint to PUI and just live with it. But - but - we better get my 400 - pounds of wail blubber!:cool:

11. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

That is correct.

Holon WP only prevents effects done to that Pokemon. The effect of Psychic Lock is not on any one Pokemon, it's on the opponent.

12. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

(We got Wailord).

13. flariados

flariados New Member

ey why you all like wailord so much when I want to play it :p?