How much would u pay for...?

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by bodadem, Aug 20, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. bodadem

bodadem New Member

I am selling all my cards in a Garage Sale as i dont play with em n e more, so i am wondering how much you would pay for the following cards:

Ditto
    Zapdos(holo)
    Clefairy(holo)
    Clefable
    Kangaskhan
    Arcanine(prolly not much since it aint a fricken star[still mad from the days when i played] but i thought i'd post it n e ways...)
    also, dous being a different type mean anything?Like, i have a bunch that are like fossil(i think, they have what looks like a fossilized foot for the symbol) so would those be worth n e more just cause they are fossil? and also, how much on average would you pay for a diamond?

Thanks evryone.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Are you looking to sell on the board, or want to know what to charge in your yard sale?

3. bodadem

bodadem New Member

i want to know how much i should charge...

4. bodadem

bodadem New Member

plz....anybody? pretend i was selling em, what would you offer?

5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Couple of things:
    1. Post a subject only in one forum, and try to make it the best one for the subject.
    2. This is a message board, not a chat room. It's also past midnight here. Don't bump your thread just because no one responded within 1 hour.

Now, for a garage sale, you are not going to get much.
    I put some cards out at my garage sale recently and I put them up for a nickel a common and a dime an uncommon.

Now, you can try a dime a common, or a quarter a common. See what sells. It also depends on how many you have.

Garage sales are all about moving a lot of stuff at a cheap price.

6. bodadem

bodadem New Member

and..the rares?and holos? i was looking at some sites which sell individual pokemon and one of them had a Holo Zapdos for $20.00 ..is that a reasonable price ???Would you pay 20 bucks for a Zapdos Holo??

7. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

A site might sell a card for that...but it certainly won't buy it from you for that much. Most will only give you 25% - 50% of what they sell a card for.

Your best bet to see what cards go for would be eBay...but you also have to understand that most _players_ are looking for cards valuable in the current gameplay format. There are still collectors around, but they will want cards in mint condition. I doubt very much you'd get $20 for a holo Zapdos, or even half that, but it all depends on your area.

'mom

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

And not at a garage sale.
    eBay has millions of people looking at its auctions.
    You're going to have a few hundred random people, only some of which will be interested in Pokemon cards.
    And, as I said, people at garage sales are looking for dirt-bargains, not to pay retail.