Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to fix broken figures

DreamChaser AJ

Hi all,

I thought I'd open this up for general advice, but I have a bunch of figures that have had the clear plastic shunt snapped off of the base and stuck inside the figure. Is there any way to remove that piece from the figure without destroying the plastic, so I can reuse the figure? If I can't reuse the base, that's fine, I'll just take the base from another figure.

We have had the same issue but have not had much luck fixing it. We tried to 'drill' into the peg with a needle/pin the the hopes of pulling it out but it didn't work.

when we'd have demo pieces break at the post, we used something like a big safety pin to prise out the bit stuck in the figure. sometimes it took a little work and digging, but eventually you can get it out so you can put the fig onto a different base.

'mom

There's a very, very, very easy way of doing this. Assuming you're an adult who can be responsible with a straight pin (or a cross stitching needle, or whatever), all you have to do is basically get a pair of plyers, hold the pin with those plyers, put a lighter under the pin for about 15 seconds, then carefully stick the hot pin INTO the clear plastic rod that is stuck inside your figure's base. Let it sit for about 10 seconds, then just pull the needle and the clear rod will come right out.

There's a very, very, very easy way of doing this. Assuming you're an adult who can be responsible with a straight pin (or a cross stitching needle, or whatever), all you have to do is basically get a pair of plyers, hold the pin with those plyers, put a lighter under the pin for about 15 seconds, then carefully stick the hot pin INTO the clear plastic rod that is stuck inside your figure's base. Let it sit for about 10 seconds, then just pull the needle and the clear rod will come right out.

I tried it without the heat. I'll give this a try. Thanks!

Back