How to get screwed in the final

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by sar86, Nov 24, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. sar86

sar86 New Member

Hamilton City Championships
    Deck: Tyranitar (MT)/Weavile (SW)
    Masters had 10 People
    4 Rounds of Swiss
    T2 Cut

Round 1: forgot his name (Venomoth/Swalot)
    I almost lost turn 2 as his Celebi almost killed my Pupitar, but then I pulled out my Tyranitar and started to kill off of his Pokemon quickly. He would've been a lot more trouble if my CC's hadn't been there to stop Venomoth's body
    1-0

Round 2: Josh (Empoleon/Blastoise)
    I took out his only Blastoise quickly with my Tyranitar, for a quick win
    2-0

Round 3: Kieran (Infernape/Blissey)
    For anyone who doesn't think there is a bad combo with Blissey, this is it. He had a god start, but I had 3 fully charged Tyranitar's in play by the end of the match for the easy win
    3-0

Round 4: Matt K (Honchkrow w/ Absol)
    I had a fully charged Tyranitar by T3 w/ CC, which made for a quick win
    4-0

TOP 2 CUT

Finals:
    Matt K (Honchkrow w/ Absol)
    Game 1:
    I had 2 Tyranitars out very quickly, but i went energy dead, and couldn't recover from it
    0-1

Game 2:
    I had a fairly good start, but he pulled everything I obtained with my Stantler out of my hand with Absol (on his 1st turn he grabbed a candy then a T-tar), so I had no set up. He then slowly took me down.
    0-2

Finished 2nd place
    Unfortunatly Pokemon hadn't yet sent the prizes to the store, so the owner each gave us 1/2 of the prize we won, and we will get the rest once he gets everything sent to him.

Props:
    Matt K for a good win
    Erin A (my gf) for going 2-2 in her 1st tournament ever with Gardevoir/Banette
    Always having a fully charged Tyranitar by T4 every game (except the finals)
    Watching the two Blissey decks go a combined 1-7 (the decks were Blisscatty [0-4] & Blissey Infernape [1-3])

Slops:
    Crappy draws in Game 1 of the finals
    Absol in Game 2
    Pokemon for not getting the prizes to us
    The packs I got weren't good

2. the_sniper

the_sniper New Member

Please explain exactly how you got "screwed" in the finals. Sounds like he got absol starts
    in the finals and removed your hand from you ( as designed). Did he start w/ absol in round 4?

Bet he didn't ;)

3. sar86

sar86 New Member

Okay, "Screwed" may be a biased word as i came out on the losing end of it. In game one he didn't start with Absol, i just got no supporters out. As for game 2, I just got unlucky as to what he pulled from my hand

For the record, the game where I did beat that deck, he did start with Absol

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  4. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

Ahahaha ... well, that's how Honchkrow + Absol supposed to work Sean. :lol:

<--- Got 2nd in the Oshawa CC because of Kant's Honchkrow deck ripped my hand to shreds

5. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

Spirit of the Game is dead!:thumb:

6. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

10 people.. these atrocious turnouts are because they put 3 cities on the same day. Why couldn't they put one on sunday... my cities had 9 masters

anyways, gj on second sean and gj to matt for winning

7. Throne0fLegends

Throne0fLegends New Member

thank you thank you. I, unlike Sean, did not have such an easy time getting to Top 2. Well, my third game out of four was by the far the most intense against Paul A. 1 prize to 1 prize and only being able to do 60 to my absol cuz I luckily pulled out his last rare candy from his hand the turn b4.

Props to Sean for putting up a huge fight in the finals. I know if I picked wrong the first 2 turns I would of been smothered. I guess luck was on my side today. Props to Kant for winning his cities and we'll see more masters next time at the other tournys ha =)

8. Omega_Prime

Omega_Prime Member

Wow, you guys only had 10 in Hamilton and 9 in Oshawa there was about 16 in Barrie =S GJ to Kant, and Matt for their victories... and for the second place winners... there's Kevin Sean... and Me... -.-

Good thing i got my third Hunckrow LvX in my packs though... =D

9. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Only 10 in Masters? I wish I played wherever you are, lol.

10. KingOfKings715

KingOfKings715 New Member

Or maybe it was the fact that i dont know it was the day after black friday, turkey weekend >.>

11. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

This is in Canada though, so there is no Turkey Weekend for us :frown:

12. Throne0fLegends

Throne0fLegends New Member

LoL just 3 cities on the same day =P .

13. LucarioLvlX

LucarioLvlX New Member

How to get screwed in the final
    sar86

Me thinks thou dost protest too much!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  14. Krucifier

Krucifier New Member

Did the guy you battle in the first round have an 8 year old kid with him? If so that guy is awesome. I read his report on Beach.

15. sar86

sar86 New Member

Yea, he did have an 8-year old with him, and you're right, he is a really good guy