how will city championship attendance affect league attendance?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by professorbix, Feb 19, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. professorbix

professorbix New Member

just a thought.....has your city championship help or hurt your regular league attendance? i know i will be gaining at least 1 and as many as 5 new players at my league by having a city championship at my league. anyone else see attendance changes happening?

2. davechri

davechri New Member

I really liked the fact that so many new players have been showing up. Players who have been out of the game for a while as well as new, younger players.

The only downside is that a competitive tournament (like the CCs) may not be the best introduction to the game for some of the younger kids.

But I think it can't do anything but help. And turnout has been GREAT by all accounts.

3. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

IMO, it will help some, but not to the levels that some of the CCs are getting attendance. Remember that there are plenty of people out there who traveled a very long distance in order to get to as many CCs as they possibly could. Case and point, M45 has traveled almost 500 miles in order to go to (and judge) as many CCs as he possibly could. Most of the Chicago posse of players have gone to St Louis and the Wisconsin CCs. There are at least a dozen people who could say that they went to more than one CC that was NOT their usual area for play.

4. spookees

spookees Active Member

Bullados.......have to agree with you on that one....we (the two leagues we run here) have done 2 cc's so far and 'OUR CREW' was the majority in attendance in the 2nd city tourney..which was an hour and half away....Our Crew intends on traveling the 2 hours to the 3rd one this weekend and the last one next weekend they will be at as well.
    So far the heaviest attendance was at the 1st CIty and that was at one of our League locations.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004