Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

how would this stand up to newer decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSkoolHavoc

heh, this deck might take oyu back- just discovered this site, and thought I'd post one of my old decks (which still assembled and dusty lol). It's still in one of those original purple and yellow deck boxes with the pikachu and mewtwo on it with one of those chansey coins LOL

anyways, how would this stand up to newer decks?

Pokemon (20)
2x Sabrina's Abra lvl.11
2x Sabrina's Abra lvl18
4x Sabrina's Abra
2x Sabrina's Alakazam
2x Team Rocket's Mewtwo (Gym Challenge Set)
2x Jungle Kangaskhan
2x Cool Porygon promo
2x Neo Genesis Clefairy
2x Jungle Clefable

Trainers (13)
3x Bill (Base Set)
2x Pokemon Trader
2x Computer Search
2x Gust of Wind
2x Sabrina's Eyes (Gym set)
2x Professor Elm (Neo Genesis)

Energy(27)
18x Psychic Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy
3x Full heal energy (rocket set)
2 Recycle Energy (Neo Genesis)

well, obisously, my entire deck would be excluded from tournament play, but oh well :(

uuuuuuummmmmm...yeah, of course. Every single one of these cards (Excluding psychic Energy) are illegal. The Holon Engine Is still going, But torn apart, Still, The last sets of the Holon Engine are still going, so try It before they become illegal. But Mostly, People are into the Diamond and Pearl sets ( I just focus on Holon Engine) and people use decks such as GG,Mag-Delcatty, and Garchomp-Blissey.

Here are the sets that are legal:

Diamond and Pearl: Great Encounters
Diamond and Pearl: Secret Wonders
Diamond and Pearl : Mysterious treasures
Diamond and Pearl
_______________________________________________Diamond and Pearl

EX Power Keepers
EX Dragon Frontiers
EX Crystal Guardians
EX Holon Phantoms
_______________________________The Holon Engine

I assume the TS knows it is unplayable at tourneys, hence the last line of his/her post.

I am not too good at reviewing decks and stuff, but I can tell you that there are far too many Pokemon and not nearly enough trainers IMO. It would be really inconsistent, and due to the lower HP it would get annihilated by most decks in today's format, namely G&G.

I think the question he wants is how would it fare against modern decks.

I think you would find that using the older trainers you would set up pretty fast, but in terms of pokemon strength you would lose. The newer powers and attacks would overpower your pokemon which also have lower HP.

The game has changed a lot since the days of Gym Heroes. :thumb:

:lol::lol::lol: you're tellin me! I'm flippin through the archives trying to get back in the game back up to tourney condition and some of these cards are outta this frikkin world!

its like I'm racing a '68 Camaro vs. a 911 Carrera GT on a track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back