I had a great Idea!!

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by toxictaipan, Jul 29, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

I was on another none-Pokemon related forum the other day and saw that one of their Sub-Forums was, "Legendary Topics: Hall of Fame," and the description was, "A place to find Legendary Topics that are no longer active."

I thought it'd be a great Idea if we had one! I know how The Mods feel about bumping old post, so I figured if they decided to add this to their list of forums, they could just lock the Topic.

So what do you think? All in favor raise your hand!

2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Ehh, I don't like the idea because new PokeGym members would feel left out of the fun and they wouldn't understand all the inside jokes in funny threads.

I think it is best to just let "legendary" threads come and go, because later on they're just not funny anymore, and new people won't care.

I just think it would make people feel like it's a really tight community that doesn't need them. They'll feel left out.

Also in funny threads, there are usually all kinds of rule violations, and it just doesn't set a good role model. I remeber I once found a funny thread back when I was new about playing Pokemon with Life Points, and I picked the wrong role model and accidentally ended up getting myself banned for a day. We don't need more people misunderstanding what exactly constitutes as appropriate and spam.

You kind of get what I'm saying? I guess it kind of sounds stupid, but that's my honest opinion.

*doesn't raise hand :tongue:*

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  3. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Somebody's been on ScoreHero....

I really like the idea.

4. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

Well Mew*, I fail to see how they would feel more left out then if they COULD post in a old thread, get it locked, and receive infraction points...

Plus, what you just said: "Also in funny threads, there are usually all kinds of rule violations." That right there is a problem and needs to be stopped. If someone breaks the rules, proper measurements need to be taken. If not that, what good are the rules anyways? If all of the important people and older members get to break the rules and the newbies don't, I now see this as a broken community.

The Staff would be the ones choosing the threads that get in anyways. If they felt it would set a bad example they wouldn't put it there, would they?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  5. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

Hey, theres another reason it wouldn't work. Mew* has the right idea, IMO. Part of it is, past threads have died off because they have run they're course. We don't need to revive them. And its way to much work for staff to be choosing the threads, and this potentially wouldn't work anyway. I'm afraid this won't work on the Gym'.

6. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

"Ehh, I don't like the idea because new PokeGym members would feel left out of the fun and they wouldn't understand all the inside jokes in funny threads.

I think it is best to just let "legendary" threads come and go, because later on they're just not funny anymore, and new people won't care.

I just think it would make people feel like it's a really tight community that doesn't need them. They'll feel left out.

Also in funny threads, there are usually all kinds of rule violations, and it just doesn't set a good role model. I remember I once found a funny thread back when I was new about playing Pokemon with Life Points, and I picked the wrong role model and accidentally ended up getting myself banned for a day. We don't need more people misunderstanding what exactly constitutes as appropriate and spam.

You kind of get what I'm saying? I guess it kind of sounds stupid, but that's my honest opinion.

*doesn't raise hand *"

Yeah, it's kinda true all the good threads get locked. But then again when old threads are reposted it's kind of confusing for others.

7. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Close the forum. then no one will be able to post in it.

8. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

Well, if the mods find it too much work, that's fine. I just thought I'd throw the idea to see if anyone liked it. But in my opinion, none of the other reasons hold strong.