Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I hate this format (FL regionals)

Rambo1000

i decide to play garchomp/weavile/claydol since it does a billion a turn and i tested it a few games. it beats plox and mag and banette easily so i figure i should be fine.

round 1 - alex hill - plox
wow. again i play alex round 1. anyways, t3 he benches LATI-LOCK which is a DIRECT COUNTER to my deck. REAL MATURE. i still won though so w/e.

1-0

round 2 - i forget sorry - plox/garchomp counter
she gets like a t2 gallade ko'ing stuff but i eventually out set her up and get out 3 garchomps with psychics. she drew passed for like 3 turns after she got the gallade ko, but it's kind of irrelevant since she had everything already anyways.

2-0

round 3 - some dude i forget you're name! - empoleon/mismagius(resistant to colorless)
this was a pretty good game. i always got the ohko when i needed it (which is what my deck does) but he got a lot of damage on my guys making it a close game. luckily i'm able to ohko his mismagius in the end for the last prize. good game!

3-0

round 4 - dave christian (nooo!!!) - EXPLOUD (colorless)
ughhh exploud!? and my fighting energy is prized?!?!? GREAT! we make it somewhat of a game but he had the upper hand the whole time. great game dave and NICE FLIPS! but seriously, it's always fun playing you (more fun when i win) and i wish you woulda made top cut!

3-1

round 5 - robert ector - banette/battle frontier(garchomp counter)
lololol my guy had 130 hp, can turn dark, and does 110+ a turn. he didn't have much of a chance. i still took like 2 prizes with sneasels and pachirisu just for fun. sorry ector!!

4-1

round 6 - gino rotondo - plox with BRELOOM.
what luck. i play against every garchomp counter in the tournament even though no one's played garchomp all year. breloom does 120 to a garchomp for a scramble IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW. and i only played 1 fire which i could never get. i also never saw a 2nd gible, or sneasel, or anything... so yea.

4-2

round 7 - eric craig - furret(WOW), FARFETCHED(60 TO GARCHOMP FOR 1), and plox
he gets t2 gardy but cant copy anything. i also get a good set up. his furret is RIDICULOUS and does a BILLION a turn to garchomp and has a BILLION hp (fighting energy prized again LOL) but i still manage to win since he thinks i cant ohko the 130 hp swampert, which i did.

5-2

so i make t16 in 7th and have to play against some guy playing ape, so i figured i'd get donked.

t16 vs. jorge ramirez - ape/delcatty(great)/FARFETCH'D(WOW)
how lucky can i be.
game 1 - i set up and easily win
game 2 - i get no set up and he get dre every turn along with t1 ape t2 ape lv x.
game 3 - i get a t3 garchomp and take 3 prizes with it, but i cant get any basics even after 2 dusk balls and a steven's for 6. just my luck.

so that's how i didn't win regionals. i hate this format. everything is 2hko vs ohko vs plox and every deck is pretty much the same. last year was amazing. this format is horrible. i hope majestic dawn will make things better because pokemon is terrible right now.

props:
me
alex
eric
bianchi
gino
omar
garchomp

slops:
literally all of my opponent's having some sort of tech that was a direct garchomp counter.
luck, as always.
this format.
pokemon.
everyone.
farfetch'd
jorge not getting to play.

Last edited:
Good job, and good effort to beat the metagame.
I'm curious as to why you played weavile as opposed to something like furret when you can't use special dark energy's in your deck anyways

weavile accellerates energy (2 darks) and can turn my garchomp dark (helpful vs. dusknoir/banette/mismagius/etc) PLUS has free retreat.

Did you think of your buddy Team Cook when you saw Exploud, lol?

Good job and yes Majestic Dawn will change things, hang in there.

Oh Zachary this report is so much better than your others. Good effort. Congratulations on the top cut and getting to do a BILLION damage! -Ashley

abyss - you would've won regionals in MA or wherever if you had gone. BANETTE WAS THE PLAY!

mike cook - when i saw you weren't at the event i let out a sigh of relief because i thought i'd escaped the exploud! too bad there IS NO ESCAPE!

ashley - lol thanks, i refuse to play a card unless it consistently does a BILLION DAMAGE

Last edited:
Farfetch'd....are you serious? Did they just know what deck you were playing or something Zach, lol. Everyone was out for you.... feel special?

What was with the farfetch'd??? I dont think I saw a single farfetchd in 71 decks in MAs at SE Reg's. WOW....did someone leak out your info??

Keith

What was with the farfetch'd??? I dont think I saw a single farfetchd in 71 decks in MAs at SE Reg's. WOW....did someone leak out your info??

Keith

It was played in Infercatty...instead of trying to get the 30 with meteor punch (or whatever the attack 30x the amount of heads is called) just retreat for farfetch'd and your guarenteed the 30 to KO a pokemon...

xD, Breloom, LatiLock and Farfetch'd! Owned without knowledge... people can read your mind man!

Good job man, it was good to see oyu make it to Orlando, it wouldn't be the same without you. I hope to see you at some BRs.

Actually, the Farfetch'd was something that Eric Craig thought of. Me, Orion, Jorge, and Miranda all tech'd it into our Infernape. It was for plox and other 110 HP pokemon, Farfetch'd took the finishing blow. BTW Zack, Eric did not use it in his deck. But yeah, Farfetch'd is the reason for the season! :D It was an ingenious tech that won us all games.

That explains the farfetchd a bit since I didnt see any flaming monkeys in MAs at SE Reg's. Nice tech though.

Keith

Back