I have a question about Master Rank

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by MoonGem, Sep 23, 2003.

1. MoonGem

MoonGem New Member

My Crobat won the Normal Smart, SuperSmart, and HyperSmart rank contests,but when I but him in the Master rank Smart contest,he would lose every time.What am I doing wrong? He won't eat anymore Poke'Blocks,and that darn wobbuffet with it's destiny bond frustrates me.My appeal moves that Crobat has is Snatch,Giga Drain, and Poison Fang.Somebody please give me some advice on how to win with these appeal moves?

MoonGem :confused:

2. Sea Crobat

Sea Crobat New Member

Does it like Green pokeblocks? if yes, here is the next question.

Did you give it only pokeblocks that are atleast part bitter? If yes, fly to Slateport, talk to the pokemon club chairman. If you did all of the above he will give you the Green Scarf, which increases even more your Crobats Smartness.

3. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I've not done much with Smart Contests yet, so I can't recommend anything much, but in Cool Contests, I recommend getting a Male Magikarp and levelling it up (after evolving) into a Lv50 Gyarados. By then it should have both Dragon Rage and Dragon Dance. Then breed it with Bagon (female of course), and Level the child up to 49 (if you don't want it to evolve), or 79 (if you evolve it all they way to Salamence).

It should then have:
    Dragon Rage
    Dragon Dance
    Dragonbreath
    Dragon Claw

Yes, I know this will take ages, especially if you haven't finished the game yet (in which case, forget about master rank contests - just beat the Elite4 already! :p ), but each of these moves gives a combo to any of the other moves. So as long as you don't repeat a move in the contest, you can pretty much whoop them because every other turn, you're doing a combo, and gaining bonus points.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

things that tend to work when doing any contest, Combos and Defensive moves. Timing is also a factor, getting the Crowd Going is a huge plus. Defensive moves will help to keep points already earned. If you can, find a combo that envolves at least 1 move that is defensive, then use the combo 4 outta 5 turns. the first or last turn should be a high scoring attack (4+) or a mediocre/good deffensive attack (2+ plus being able to ignore others).

Also max out its stat in that category, and get the color ribbin to match. This will go a long way as well. It tends to account for 50% or so of overall score.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  5. MoonGem

MoonGem New Member

Thank you all very much for the Info:)