I just bought a pack of NEO Destiny...

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Android17a, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Android17a

Android17a New Member

the last pack in my local games store... and my first ever NEO pack, too. Anyway, I got something called a Shining Raichu in there and for the rarity it had three little stars. Is this worth anything and is it worth playing in my water/electric/fire deck?

2. pikachu88

pikachu88 New Member

shining's are not for play...(it's difficult to get it powered up)
    just keep it for collection...or sell it for $$$(it's pricy)$_$
    that's all...bye^_^

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Clarification: You can play with it. It is legal for play. However, it's not worth playing with the combination of multicolored energy requirements and limit of one per deck.
    Value is a bit higher than regular foils. Shinings are about 2-3 times as rare as regular foils.

4. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Specifically, shinings are about one in every 12 packs. Thus, with 8 shinings, each shining is found one of every 96 packs.

5. Android17a

Android17a New Member

Interesting. I thought they wre like the neo equivalent of the Pokemon EX, but seeing as I've got about 7 EX Pokemon from one booster box I must be a bit off.

6. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

I think the rumor mill has it that Nintendo made a mistake with the rarity of the Ex pokemon in R&S. I think the intention was for them to be as rare as a holo-foil but in practice they are more like a normal rare.

7. pikachu88

pikachu88 New Member

what i mean is shinings CAN be played...(but it is quite difficult to get it powered up...)sorry for my mistake...~_~"...and if anyone doesnt mind...could someone take a look at "my poli deck(i'm using a shining garydos here)" for a while?i need some ideas on modifications...by the way...is shining garydos as rare as the other shinings...(it just showed a star in the card)...~_~"
    thanks in advance...^_^

Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  8. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Shining Gyarados is as rare as any other holo in neo 3.

9. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Speaking of shinies, does any one know anything about Shining Mew? I know there's a japanese one, but was it released in english.

10. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Not to my knowledge.

11. pikachu88

pikachu88 New Member

haven't heard of it either...~_~"

12. Tego

Tego New Member

There is a Shining Mew in Japan, and it was a Promo Card for Neo Destiny's release. Many people waited for an English version of the card. But now, especially with Jamboree cancelled, I think it's just disappeared into the mystical deep realms of Wotc HQ.

13. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

I wish it were still around, with Mew being my favourite and all. ;_;

Oh well.