i need some rulings on venomoth!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by 3l3d33z, Nov 23, 2007.

1. 3l3d33z

3l3d33z New Member

hi, i have some questions about venomoths attacks effect.

Disturbance Dive 50
    Prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to Venomoth during your opponents next turn.

If I'm playing against delta Meganium, and it uses Delta Reduction:

Delta Reduction 40
    During your opponents next turn, any damage done to Meganium by the Defending Pokemon is reduced by 30. (Before applying Weakness and Resistance)

Does the effect take place, because it's an effect that is placed on Venomoth, and Venomoth's effect says to prevent all effects done to Venomoth, so wouldn't reducing damage be an effect placed ON Venomoth.? Since Meganium's attack specifically says the Defending Pokemon. It doesn't reside on Meganium, it resides on Venomoth.

I hope that makes sense.

Thannks!

PS. Can you give me examples of effects done to a Pokemon besides special conditions, that would be blocked by Venomoth?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  2. Jason

Jason New Member

If your opponent Meganium delta attacks first then you still got to deal with -30 effect.

Then, if you do this Disturbance dive attack, I am sure your opponent wont get the -30 effect so this Venomoth will do a full 50 instead of 20 that turn.

Hope it helps.

3. 3l3d33z

3l3d33z New Member

okay thank you, i was pretty sure it wouldnt go through
    (if i use my attack first)

4. ZAKtheGeek

ZAKtheGeek New Member

Delta Reduction doesn't actually say "done to Meganium," so even if they hit the bench or something, the damage is reduced. Just good to know.

5. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Delta Reduction's effect (since it's on the Defending Pokemon, i.e. Venomoth), placing damage counters, special conditions, anything that doesn't let you attack or retreat... all these are ignored.

6. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Kinda similar to how Holon WP can ignore the reduction effects of Delta Reduction. The protection effect (WP/Disturbance Dive) must be in effect before the reduction effect (Delta Reduction, etc.) are activated to prevent anything.

And yes, parts of attacks such as Kricketune's Sore Performance (put the defending pokemon to sleep) and Dusknoir's Hard Feelings (place damage counters on the defending pokemon) are ignored. The pure damage (IE: Kricketune's 20 damage) is NOT ignored, but everything else is. Now, this won't stop effects such as "Flip a coin; if heads, do 20 more damage", but it stops just about everything else.

7. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

Okay, but because Delta Reduction sits on the my Defending Pokemon. (It says so in the attack)
    So it would be an effect on me, and therefore it doesn't go through. (Assuming I attacked first) No matter what I attack of theirs.

Placing damage counters, that's awesome that it blocks that! That blocks Gallade and Banette (One of Gallade's attacks)

8. SLOW DECK

SLOW DECK New Member

The WP effect that Venomoth has won't even let it be moved out of the active, so any switching the active attack won't work either.
    The WP effect doesn't stop Powers, Bodies, or Trainers though. (Xatu, Venesaur, warp point, etc.)