I ruined Ramen TRUK's perfect record UGH

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by desert eagle, Oct 7, 2007.

1. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

So, I go to missisauga with Moving TRUK (Blissvire) expecting to go for my 4th BR win with a different TRUK deck but I realize that some people have caught onto our decks and were playing various versions of Pickup TRUK (Blisscatty), and Moving TRUK wasn't a very good matchup against pickup, so I call a last minute (Literally!) audible, switching decks with my brother (who had matchups that were easy for Moving TRUK).

My audible works out perfectly, and my brother goes 4-0 with little difficulty, winning his 3rd BR.

Since I have to, Ramen TRUK is yet another Blissey variant.

Round 1 - Coleman - Pickup TRUK
    I get up a fast Blissey going via my strong trainer engine, and get attacking on him fast as he has trouble setting up cattys to draw. I just outspeed him and win.
    1-0

Round 2 - Sean - Mismagus/Gengar
    So, this is an anti-Blissey deck I guess, but FF and fighting energy lets me blow through resistance and the quickness of Ramen TRUK allows me to take the win.
    2-0

Round 3 - Bryan - Pickup TRUK
    I take a quick KO with Blissey, and he responds by Scrambling a Bronzong to put me in a tight spot (hes only playing bronzong beacause he didnt have enough delcattys!), and I have to pass a few turns to not kill myself from confusion. Eventually, I take a bit of a prize lead going to mid game but then my TRUK stalls out, as I whiff on supporters 7 turns in a row! Needless to say, I lose because 7 turns of draw, attack really puts me behind against a good deck.
    2-1
    After 24 straight wins starting out Ramen TRUK's tourney run, first loss =/

Round 4 - Kevin - the TRUK (rampardos)
    Well, Rampardos really really struggles against Blissey, and me getting a standard start doesn't help his case, as I finsih off a few Ramps and his final cranidos by turn 6
    3-1

T2 - Bryan - Pickup TRUK
    Game 1
    I get T2'd by his Blissey + boost =/
    Game 2
    I get setup this time and dominate him.
    Game 3
    This game goes down to the wire. I get quick KOs, which is standard for this deck. He scrambles and KOs back. It gets down to 3-2 when I start to pull away as he's left with cattys as I take out one too many Blisseys
    4-1

So, I win my 4th BR of the season

Props:
    Leader
    Team HB
    Chargers 41-3 win over the Broncos BELIEVE
    Victory medal
    AVs win and Stastny has 4G 4A in 3 games. YESSS

Slops:
    Losing a game.
    no lv X again

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. Bolt

Bolt New Member

KANT AUDIBLES

CHARGERS ROUT

oh god yes

3. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Thank god for those Wristplays.

4. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

Kant, you forgot Mike in the slops section since he only got 2nd in Monta's division due to tie breaks and he luck-sacked (common for the kid) and got the Electivire Lv.X :rolleyes:

TRUK: I think I might need some sort of top secret decks from you since Blissey is now some sort of an unstoppable monster ... *sneaks a $20 to him* :lol:

5. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

TRUK: It wasnt one of mines :tongue:

GJ kant. Chargers had an impressive win 2day but earlier in the season ppl were saying how good they would do. They traded 2/3 people off of the O-line so thats the reason LT wasnt working right but today he stepped up alot. Most of all the O-Line. Hey I won today and my colts won :cool: Keep on winning. CANADUHHHHHHHH

6. Jason

Jason New Member

So ramen Truk got Blissey in it, eh? well i AM sure its straight blisssey righto
    ? Pfffttt Gj kant

7. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

It has Blissey Jason :D

Oh, so many secrets.

8. sar86

sar86 New Member

almost every deck has blissey in it now. I played 2 pickup TRUK's and kant's Ramen TRUK in my 4 matches, the other match being against a terrible monarchy deck.

9. SHPanda

SHPanda New Member

Kant i also took a lost yesterday :-(. My finals opponent ran his version of Ramen Truk and i lost to mirror due to me mulling 5 times game 1 and game 3 having nothing. :-(.

10. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

so you went 1-3?

my bro ran it and had one loss during a 2/3 match, does that count?

11. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

Nah, he went 2-2 because one of the Pick Up TRUK's player did a huge misplay ...

<--- Went 2-2 as well since apparently the TRUK can't beat the other Blissey TRUKS =/

12. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

im back next week
    gj
    *steals points*

13. Scizor

Scizor New Member

GJ Kant :D LOL Pokekid, keep dreaming.

14. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

kant how iz u so gud

15. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

thx guys

I've turned Canada into almost an all TRUK metagame =O

16. therage

therage New Member

0bedience to kant is!
    death to those who oppose kant!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  17. sar86

sar86 New Member

I had a version of moving TRUK with me that I was debating playing, but I couldn't get myself to conform with everyone else who has followed your lead.

*must come up with a deck to beat all of the TRUK decks before city's*

18. Bobby

Bobby New Member

By cities, the new line of TRUKs will be out already!

19. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

Yep, the 2008 line of TRUKs will be out on test drives by cities

20. Kenshin's Garde

Kenshin's Garde New Member

omg kant urz so good at pokemonz! =O

btw matt, YES it does count.