Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I think I discovered a board bug.

Orange Soda

In my control panel, under options, I selected "Yes" to allowing people to email me. I just checked it, and it is still selected.

But today, out of curiousity, I checked my profile, and clicked the "Send Orange Soda an email" link. Quoth the link:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails through this board. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

Jelsoft Enteprises said:
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.0 Beta 6
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
It's currently a beta version. I think that bug might be fixed by the time the full version non-beta release of vB3 comes around.

Yeah, I found that bug like a week or two ago, but just assumed the Admins disabled that option, maybe to promote using the Private Messages system?
We'll see.

(EDIT: I just noticed this, and figured it would be pointless to start a new thread when I can just tack it on here... Is there or will there be a way to disable the jumping in threads? Simplified, when you open a thread, is there a way to just go to the first post, not necessarily jump to either your next post or otherwise the first one it claims you haven't seen? It gets annoying, especially when it doesn't jump to the correct post...)

Last edited:
speaking of bugs, for some reason, i was unable to log into the boards for quite a while.. -_-;;
i had figured it was cause of aol acting dumb, but when i had gone to my grandma's house (who dosen't have aol) it STILL woulden't let me log in..

i've obviously got it to work but..eh..

Baboon said:
Simplified, when you open a thread, is there a way to just go to the first post, not necessarily jump to either your next post or otherwise the first one it claims you haven't seen? It gets annoying, especially when it doesn't jump to the correct post...)

Click on the thread name, not the arrow to the left of it.

Orange Soda said:
In my control panel, under options, I selected "Yes" to allowing people to email me. I just checked it, and it is still selected.

But today, out of curiousity, I checked my profile, and clicked the "Send Orange Soda an email" link. Quoth the link:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails through this board. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.
This is not a bug. I'll get back to you on this, since i cant remember if TC wanted this enabled or not :rolleyes:

SailorClef said:
speaking of bugs, for some reason, i was unable to log into the boards for quite a while.. -_-;;
i had figured it was cause of aol acting dumb, but when i had gone to my grandma's house (who dosen't have aol) it STILL woulden't let me log in..

i've obviously got it to work but..eh..
I recieved a few database errors regarding use logins. It should be fixed with this upgrade. I appologize.

Baboon said:
Simplified, when you open a thread, is there a way to just go to the first post, not necessarily jump to either your next post or otherwise the first one it claims you haven't seen? It gets annoying, especially when it doesn't jump to the correct post...
As Orange Soda stated, just click on the thread name isntead of the arrow. That will take you to the first post in the thread.

The option has been reenabled. You can now email a user from the board. Emails are not visible.

You can disable users from seeing your email address by going to your UserCP and unchecking the "Receive Emails?" option.

Last edited:
No, onederlnd, I almost always click on the thread name to open. Sometimes, when I do that, it jumps down to the Quick Reply box and has the blinking cursor in it. Other times, I believe, it just jumps to some random post. In fact, it jumped to the Quick Reply box when I opened this thread... :confused:

SailorClef, does your computer (or more specifically your grandmothers computer) have cookies enabled?
I find that if I clear the cookies from the computer in my room, then I have to re-login, but if I leave the cookies on, I can come back a week later without having to login again.
For a time, my dad, like my grandparents, were somewhat paranoid about online security, and one of the things he did was completely disable cookies because it was proclaimed as being "more secure". Of course, he couldn't understand that this is why he couldn't check his E-mail or do a few other things, and wouldn't take my advice about it. Hence I discreetly put them back on, solving the problem neatly.

Unfortunately, I can't remember how to fix it just at the moment, but I can have a look around, or someone else can probably help if you don't already know how to do this.

GuardianTIM: If it happened on two computers to the same user, it more than likely wasnt a cookie problem. As I said, that 'bug report' would explain the errors I was recieving in email from the board.

But yeah, I agree that most login problems are because someone disabled cookies. If you find yourself in this problem (disabled cookies) here is a list of ways (organized by browser type) to reenable them. For anyone using AOL, if you could give me the directions in multiple versions of AOL (versions 7 and 8 mainly), that would be appreciated, and added to the list.

Baboon: Not sure what to tell you. Try clearing your cookies and cache, see if that helps. Other than that, I really wouldnt be able to help you if I cant recreate the problem :(

GuardianTIM said:
SailorClef, does your computer (or more specifically your grandmothers computer) have cookies enabled?

yes, cookies are (were) enabled.. but er.. it was at two different computers so i figured it was something with the boards @_@

but everything's working fine now..

Back