if you could be any pokemon which would it be?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by firebomb, Oct 5, 2003.

1. firebomb

firebomb New Member

Personally, i would be a blazikan. Its a freakin shaq sized human-like pokemon that punches and kicks!!!

2. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Remember to state your reason(s) for your choice, or this will have to be locked as a poll...

As for me, I'd either choose a Pikachu :) or the Legendaries over there <-- in my avatar; the Pika because it's small and cute (but can and will fight when necessary :D ) and the Legendaries because of who/what they are...

'mom

3. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

I would like to a Blaziken because of its fighting and fire
    powers, but a wobbuffet would be fun as well because can just send there attacks back at them. hehehe...

4. Mewtwo.

Why? Power. Plain and simple. Twisted, demented, I-really-shouldn't-have-this-strength-considering-my-state-of-mind POWER.

Joy ride/fly about, bend, twist and conform reality to my will, do some niftay tricks with my telekinetic abilities. That kind of stuff.

Yeah, not very imaginative, I know. At least I'm truthful, ni?

5. Skywolf1

Skywolf1 New Member

I feel that to best answer this question, one has to first understand what type of person he or she is, and find explore similar personality traits of a particular pokemon.

This would work much like the "zodiac" of sorts, in that certain attributes often associated with a particular zodiac sign (depending on what month and day one was born) would then be used to determine a person's character traits and "compatibility" with other signs of the zodiac.

In fact, in a early episode of the anime, such similaries were explored, where James from TR thought he possessed traits of the legendary bird of fire, Moltres.

It turned out that James' "sign" was not that of the mighty Moltres, but of something just the opposite, judging by his reaction.

I have often seen many similarities between such Zodilogical signs, and inhearent Pokemon types, that seem to correspond with a persons personality traits.

Below are examples of Zodiac Signs and the corresponding similarities with Pokemon Types:

Zodiac:

Aries March 21-April 19
    is fiery self-will in action; pioneering energy; new growth seeking to emerge.

The house where your Aries rules is where you will be challenged to grow and learn; where new things will keep emerging. Here you throw yourself into physical activity.

Pokemon Equivilent: A Fire Type Pokemon would obviously be an appropriate match here. I would have to equate this with Charizard.

Taurus April 20-May 20
    is deliberation and determination seeking practical productivity in this world.

The house where your Taurus rules is where you will be challenged to be practical and productive. You hang on to the things of this house for security.

Pokemon Equivilent: Given that Taurus is the bull, the almost identical match here would be Tauros.

Gemini May 21-June 20
    is abstract curiosity seeking to form a picture of the world, and to communicate those perceptions to others.

The house where your Gemini rules is where you will be challenged to learn by following your curiosity; where communication will be important;, and where you will be able to see both sides of an issue.

Pokemon Equivilent: Mew.

Cancer June 21-July 22
    is healing, nurturing, sensitivity seeking psychological understanding, emotional self-expression, and the capacity to heal others.

The house where your Cancer rules is where you will be challenged to create a "safe place" in which to grow emotionally. Here you have deep feelings, and tend to be super-sensitive and defensive.

Pokemon Equivilent: Chancey. Always providing help and healing to those in need, yet very sensitive and quite defensive. A strong similarity exists here.

Leo July 23- Aug. 22
    is self-expression seeking confidence, ease, and honor in the social world.

The house where your Leo rules is where you will be challenged to "shine"; to apply the positive, creative qualities of your sun sign, and find a sense of inner peace.

Pokemon Equivilent: There is no difinitive answer for this one. However, the Pokemon that seems to come to the forefront here is Drangonite.

Virgo Aug. 23-Sept. 22
    is analysis, refinement, and discrimination seeking perfection and purification of the self. This is the sign of the craftsman.

The house where your Virgo rules is where you will be challenged to analyze your feelings in a practical, unemotional way. Here is where you can serve others in a quiet, unassuming way.

Pokemon Equivilent: I would have to say that Meditite is the winner here, as he is always looking to "purify" body and mind through the art of meditation.

Libra Sept. 23- Oct. 22
    is balance, harmony, and love of beauty seeking self-completion.

The house where your Libra rules is where you will be challenged to find balance. Here your ability to see both sides of any issue can lead to difficulty making choices.

Pokemon Equivilent: This choice seems clear to me, where the second movie dealt with the two major attributes of this sign--balance and harmony. My choice here: Lugia

Scorpio Oct. 23- Nov. 21
    is intense emotional power probing and penetrating into the unconscious; seeking the power of transformation at work in ordinary reality; seeking to accept all that is frightening or overwhelming.

The house where your Scorpio rules is where you will be challenged to completely transform your life. You seek control in this part of your life and can be manipulative and secretive.

Pokemon Equivilent: In this case, there would have to be two. As I gave this some more thought, it became almost overwhelmingly evident that the clear choice here is Magikarp and Gyarados.

Sagittarius Nov. 22-Dec. 21
    is an expansion quest to discover truth and the interconnectedness of all things.

The house where your Sagittarius rules is where you will be challenged to to expand your experiences. You are philosophical about the affairs of this house, and generous with its gifts.

Pokemon Equivilent: Strangly enough, I see many of the traits of Mewtwo here. He was always challenged to learn and often times seemed curious to how the outside world worked.

Capricorn Dec. 22-Jan. 19
    is is self-discipline and austerity seeking integrity and moral courage.

The house where your Capricorn rules is where you will be challenged to win respect and recognition from others. You tend to combine traditional and original approaches to the affairs of this house, or to feel the frustration of being torn between the two.

Pokemon Equivilent: Scyther

Aquarius Jan. 20-Feb 18
    is eccentricity and radical individuality seeking freedom of the soul and communication with the group mind.

The house where your Aquarius rules is where you will be challenged to seek new knowledge in order to break down old ideas. Here you are very much ahead of your time.

Pokemon Equivilent: Alakazam

Pisces Feb. 19-March 20
    is mystical dreaminess, warmth, and healing compassion seeking self-transcendence.

The house where your Pisces rules is where you will be challenged to discern between illumination and illusion. Here is a doorway, either to higher spiritual knowledge or to escape through day-dreaming or self-indulgence. It's difficult to learn to trust and follow your intuition, and you will feel as if you are acting blindly.

Pokemon Equivilent: The clear choice here seems to be Natu, as he is constantly passing through a doorway that seems to boarder on that of a "spiritual" being. Many times Natu predicitions are based on past, present or future events that it is often times "unsure" of and thus predicitions are often times the end result of acting blindly, because of its premenitions.

While the Pokemon Universe might appear to be radically different in ways to that of the "actual" world, and it may ways it is, there are also many similarties that both universes share, and while this universe is soley based on fiction, it offers to someone with an unsequestered mind, what the "deeper layers" of this intriguing universe might be like to someone from the outside.

Take Care,

Skywolf1

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  6. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

If I could be any pokemon I would be a Persian. First off, I could use my Pay Day attack to pay for anything I wanted (e.g. steal fish from market but Pay Day to leave the money to pay for it) or Pay Day to give my trainer the money to buy me what I want. And just look at the pampering Persians get. Giovanni's always doting on his, and even in the stadium games Persian battle laying down.

7. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

About the Zodiac - not that it really matters, but I'd say for Leo - instead of Dragonite, it'd be Growlithe/Arcanine (unless we keep with Growlithe for Aries).

I'd say I'm more like Girafarig (or at least one of the game's dex descriptions - can't remember which version though), However, most of my friends say I'm very much like Wobuffet. :)

"Wobbaa-Wobbaa!!!"

8. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

I don't want to be a psychic type, I'm psychic already...

Although I would find life as a Slowbro rather relaxing...

I want to be something with speed, like maybe a Crobat or a Sceptile, so I can get stuff done quicker.

9. firebomb

firebomb New Member

perfect0ne thinks hes so big sayin that hes a slacking and hes so good he could only attack every other turn.
    lol

10. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Well, since Pokemon are more eastern-inspired than western, we should list the Japanese Zodiac (looks to be the same as the Chinese Zodiac, if it matters to anyone), though they won't necessarily be the animal-respective Pokemon:

http://japanese.about.com/library/weekly/aa100498.htm

Rat (nezumi) --- Born 1984, 1972, 1960, 1948, 1936, 1924, 1912
    People born in the year of the Rat are charming, honest, ambitious, and have a tremendous capacity for pursing a course to its end. They will work hard for their goals. They are easily angered but maintain an outward show of control.

Either Entei or Bulbasaur.

Ox (ushi) --- Born 1985, 1973, 1961, 1949, 1937, 1925, 1913
    People born in the year of the Ox are patient, mentally alert and when required to speak are skilful. They have a gift for inspiring confidence in others. This allows them to achieve a great deal of success.

Alakazam.

Tiger (tora) --- Born 1986, 1974, 1962, 1950, 1938, 1926, 1914
    People born in the year of the Tiger are sensitive, stubborn, short-tempered, courageous, selfish and slightly mean ... yet they are deep thinkers and are capable of great sympathy for those they are close to and love.

Mewtwo, I think.

Rabbit (usagi) --- Born 1987, 1975, 1963, 1951, 1939, 1927, 1915
    People born in the year of the Rabbit are the most fortunate. They are smooth talkers, talented, ambitious, virtuous and reserved. They have exceedingly fine taste and regarded with admiration and trust.

Pikachu.

Dragon (tatsu) --- Born 1988, 1976, 1964, 1952, 1940, 1928, 1916
    People born in the year of the Dragon are healthy, energetic, excitable, short-tempered and stubborn. However, they are honest, sensitive, brave and can inspire trust in most anyone. They are the most peculiar of the 12 signs of the Zodiac cycle.

Charizard.

Snake (hebi) --- Born 1989, 1977, 1965, 1953, 1941, 1929, 1917
    People born in the year of the Snake are deep thinkers, speak very little and possess tremendous wisdom. They are fortunate in money matters and will always be able to obtain it. They are determined in what they do and hate to fail.

I'm not sure. Venusaur, maybe?

Horse (uma) --- Born 1990, 1978, 1966, 1954, 1942, 1930, 1918, 1906
    People born in the year of the Horse are skilful in paying compliments and talk too much. They are skilful with money and handle finances well. They are quick thinkers, wise and talented. Horse people anger easily and are very impatient.

I'd have to say Meowth.

Sheep (hitsuji) --- Born 1991, 1979, 1967, 1955, 1943, 1931, 1919, 1907
    People born in the year of the Sheep are elegant, highly accomplished in the arts, passionate about nature. At first glance, they seem to be better off than the people born in other years. They are deeply religious and passionate in whatever they do and believe in.

Lugia.

Monkey (saru) --- Born 1992, 1980, 1968, 1956, 1944, 1932, 1920, 1908
    People born in the year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the Zodiac cycle. They are clever and skilful in grand-scale operations and are smart when making financial deals. They are inventive, original and are able to solve the most difficult problems with ease.

Celebi, I suppose.

Rooster (tori) --- Born 1981, 1969, 1957, 1945, 1933, 1921, 1909
    People born in the year of the Rooster are deep thinkers and are always busy and devoted to their work. They always want to do more than they are able, and if they undertake a task beyond their abilities, they are disappointed. Rooster people have a habit of speaking out directly whenever they have something on their minds.

Hmm... Chikorita.

Dog (inu) --- Born 1982, 1970, 1958, 1946, 1934, 1922, 1910
    People born in the year of the Dog have all the fine qualities of human nature. They have a sense of duty and loyalty, they are extremely honest and always do their best in their relationship with other people. Dog people inspire confidence in others and know how to keep secrets.

Growlithe or Arcanine.

Boar (inoshishi) --- Born 1983, 1971, 1959, 1947, 1935, 1923, 1911
    People born in the year of the Boar are brave. They have tremendous inner strength which no one can overcome. They display great honesty. They are short-tempered, yet hate to quarrel or have arguments. They are affectionate and kind to their loved ones.

Blastoise, I guess.

11. Marril

Marril New Member

Well, I am a Marril... does that count? I'd be an Azumarril if I could just evolve...

12. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

re

Wow, Skywolf, I am a leo and your description is almost the exact oppisite of me. lol.

13. Am Pm

Am Pm New Member

I would be a haunter. People could only see me when I want them to. And I like the gostly power's. But the best thing about being a haunter would be the hands.

14. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

I would really like to be a Gengar. I seem to be the one getting scared by others most of the time, so it'd be nice for it to be the other way around for once. I also would like that attack power. He's really powerful.

15. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I am Leo and it seems a lot like me. Aryl your right, it's nothing like you. ;)
    Snake is only about half like me and the last sentence makes me think of Bulbasaur.

16. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

Hmm... remember that game on the RTC of the old gym where you picked numbers and whoever it was that ran it gave you a pokemon that suited your personality? Well anyway, I was a Haunter, and I'd have to say that the description givin suited me perfectly and the more I think about it, the more I believe that it is what I am like.

Now if I could just reach the zipper on this stupid Grimer costume...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003