Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

IGN Gives Skyward Sword 10/10 - Best Zelda Game Ever

DarthPika

Here's the review:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html

A lot of reviewers are now saying it's the best Zelda game ever. I know someone who reviewed it who was doubtful that it would be the best ever, and he told me after he finished that he changed his mind, and it was the best Zelda he had ever played.

Anyone else hyped for this?

I can tell you that I am pumped for this game. Looks to be really promising. The game nearly got all 10s across the board with Music getting a 9. I thought the music would be an easy 10 from what I've heard especially with it being fully orchestrated, but apparently it can't hold up to past games which is a bummer.

Oh well, I am still really excited for this game.

I have been critical against Nintendo when they bring out a 2nd Zelda theme on any console because they tend to be not as good as the 1st.

examples:

Zelda II NES - Side Scrolling game, was ok, but good god was it ever hard. It seemed though to move away from what we like in Zelda series to.

Zelda Majoras Mask - 45 mins, thats about how long I could stand to stay on that game, it just wasnt Zelda for me.

NES, skip a console, N64, skip a console, Wii.
unless you wanna say GC had TP.

Now Skyward Sword I thought was going to be a watered down Majoras Mask, but we shall see.

I am getting it and hoping I am not disappointed.

Majoras mask was the biggest headache of a Zelda game since trying to get in and complete the last dungeon on Zelda II.

I dont like it, its not Zelda to me.

What I mean about skip SNES is their was only 1 Zelda game on it, quite good one to, like OOT on N64.

I disliked Majora's Mask as well, but I thought it still wasn't that bad of an addition...Zelda 2 was definitely weird though since it pretended to be a sidescroller.

I thought OoT also got a perfect review? Or was that from Famitsu?

OoT was also given a perfect review, and was previously considered the greatest in the Zelda series, as well as one of the greatest games of all time. That is, until SS came along, and topped it.

Majoras mask was the biggest headache of a Zelda game since trying to get in and complete the last dungeon on Zelda II.

I dont like it, its not Zelda to me.

What I mean about skip SNES is their was only 1 Zelda game on it, quite good one to, like OOT on N64.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Yeah, to me it's going to be pretty much impossible to top OoT for best Zelda game ever, so we'll see how good SS is.

Here's what I think about Skyward Sword.
1. It will and is the best Wii game.
2. It is a mix of WW and TP.
3. From what you guys say, OoT was Top for N64. This will be Top for Wii.
4. The commercial shows the guy playing w/Wii-mote AND Nun chuck. But @E3, game was previewed w/Wii Motion Plus?
5. I want to know what that blue bubble says.
6. IF you don't pay for the $70 price tag, will you still get the soundtrack?
7. For profit.

Oddly enough OoT is probably towards the bottom of my list. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic game, and I'll freely play it, but I loved the atmosphere of WW, the new mechanics from TP (especially double clawshot), and nothing beats the classic Link's Awakening in my book.

I'm so looking forward to SS. The character models are awesome, and the new tools are interesting, and Link finally has a whip...well kind of, but he should have had one for a while now

I dont buy this, nothing can beat OoT.. lol

Anyways I absolutly LOVE WW, the game has such a nice atmosphere, liek youre really exploring a world, the graphics are great and the whole pirates thing makes the story way better. I didnt like TP too much, it didnt even try to cover up the whole "pick up quest, go temple, pick up quest go temple" thing. I also found the whole overworld map to be extremly bad, the whole world just seemed so empty, idk. There was a huge world map but there was nothing to do there, kakariko village was nearly empty as well, just didnt seem like a real world for me, only a world constructed to give you wat you required to move on. And the whole shadow world thing was just stupid IMO, I disliked the atmosphere, it wasnt creepy or anything, just kinda annoying. The game was still good but I doubt I could replay it and I replayed WW a few times and still love it.

Back