Illinois State Championships- What do you want to happen there?

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by soslowpoke, Mar 13, 2004.

1. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Well someones been trying to convince me that the state of OP in Illinois/teh Chicagoland area lies in my hands with this event (keep trying)

But in all honesty we are initially going to treat this like a prerelease (come in, main event, goodbye). But I think it would be in the best interest of everyone to 'enhance' this a bit. The only thing is we can't stay up til the wee hours playing Pokemon, but I think something more than the main event would be in hand.

So...what are you guys interested in?

-Booster Draft?
    -Sealed/Theme Deck Challenge?
    -Constructed?
    -Something crazy? (not tooo crazy ;))

Anything extra we do will have a cost and prizes will be based on attendance (we're not getting any extra product to run these) Generally the ratio is 2 boosters/person. I'll throw in promos and other goodies.

So basically, I just really want your feedback on what you wanna see in addition to the main event.

;D

2. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Nintendo Modified Constructed

Wizards Modified Constructed (Wizards sets Neo: Genesis through E-Skyridge, including Legendary Collection, Wizards Blackstar promos 21 and up and Wizards Best of Game Promos)

Draft Limited

Sealed Deck Limited

Sealed Booster Limited

Any or all of these would be nice. I'd personally like to see the WOTC Mod and Draft being used, but it's (pastimes and) ur call.

3. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

Also, im intrested in organizing a Pastimes pokemon championships. This would be a BIG event, and im wondering how many people we could get for it. It might even be big enough to run a multi format event.

4. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

how about an unlimited tourney? ive always wanted to try out my old sneasel/slowking ;)

5. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

Oh lord, no more unlimited tourneys...

6. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

Just for fun!

O.k. guys... since I no longer live in the chicago area, this is what I would love to see happen at the Illinois state championship.

1st... Dan and Mr. Lukas could draw for the first tie ever (even with resistance)

2nd... Adam might ACTUALLY play to earn his cards.

3rd... Dave 2 and Dave 3 get paired against each other, EVERY round.

4th... Will gets 5 byes and comes in 2nd with resistance.

5th.... Someone needs to be even more obnoxious than Bullados.

6th... All prizes go to atheos zero... he may stop whining.

7th... Anyone playing Gardy or Blaziken gets Automatically Disqualified.

8th... Someone tell Corey, His deck is not that good.

9th... Shawn gets to talk into a megaphone. (again)

10th... Everyone needs to wear shades, In case Brad wears that Orange jumpsuit.

finally... Every needs to document their matches for a recap on pokegym. for me of course.

If you could make all of these actually happen i would be EXTREMELY overwhelmed. This is all in fun guys. ENJOY!

I MISS YOU ALL!
    jimmy

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  7. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

I was thinking I was gonna actually nickname every one of my cards in my deck :p you know for hte fun of it.

8. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

a Genesis-Skyridge format tourney would be awesome, I miss that format.

Anyway, I'll play in anything constructed, I dislike limited formats though.

Jimmy - Actually, I'm going to get SIX byes, but all those other predictions look right :D

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  9. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

i think this format will be enjoyed by all:
    ban anything with blaziken or gardevoir in its name, or has ex in its name
    E-on constructed.

wow, that would be interesting.

or:

Team multiplayer

fun fun fun

10. Maybe WoTC modified....

Jimmy.....see ya.....now it's my time to shine....

pass that freakin' torch here, man

See ya

11. bullados

BARGINBOX:
    Re #5: is that possible?

and, also, with the new list for the Magma PCD (and that telling us what is most likely in the Aqua PCD) would anybody be up for a Sealed Deck tourney?

12. Dek

Dek New Member

Good one jimmy (either way, i corrected your quote). VERY funny. Its about time someone ACTUALLY insulted me. You guys should learn from him :lol:

If im not mistaken, States require an invite, right? If I'm right, then i wont be there.

But just to keep everyone else happy, i'll make some suggestions:

-Booster Draft-
    Probably go with something that doesnt involve Gardevoir/Blaziken :lol:

-Seald/Theme deck challenge-
    How about another TM/TA tourney?

-Constructed-
    a. Neo-Skyridge. I could actually have an advantage there.
    b. 2v2- maybe give us some time to build a team based deck

-Something Crazy-
    a. maybe a card throwing contest where we throw our cards at our opponents like Ninja stars (60 card deck, like always) :lol:
    b. Or maybe even a card eating contest. whoever eats the most fiber (i.e. booster packs) wins.

13. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

You're wrong so you better be there :D

Its looking like a Theme Deck Challenge seems to be quite a popular choice.

1 Random Theme Deck from any of the EX Sets
    5 Boosters (1 from each expansion and then 1 matching your theme deck)

How's that sound?

14. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

yeah, we should be able to pick different theme decks so the decks dont all look the same. And the packs....sandstorm yummmmmm.

15. bullados

Close nuf, I was thinking straight TATM for it, but that could work out good, tho the people with the TATM decks will win every game and the tourney.

16. Dek

Dek New Member

ONLY IF the price is good enough for me (like at the CCs)

I did think of another Crazy idea. How about discounts for the booster packs and theme decks at the State Championships?

17. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Cant really do much with that...the most we can do is break even but we can't afford to discount to a point where we start losing out

18. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

VERY VERY funny Jimmy! :lol:

Please, please Unlimited lets settle the sneasel/slowking-Clefable/Jumpluff thing once and for all!
    Come on just one tourney. It's a great format, lets get creative! Release some of the new decks into the unlim. world. Make some new combos.(take a look at Giovanni's Machamp/Neo 3 Areodactyl combo, look at it, it works!)
    Well if not I like sealed tourney's too.

Dave II

19. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

instead of booster pack prizes, lets have rapidash/ho-oh wotc promos... world pikachu collections...dunsparces...money as prozes.

20. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

That was good jimmy. Especially since I found out about the orange jump suit... Yeah I actually played in my first prerelease for pokemon ever. I drafted a magma groundon, entei ex, and 3 zangoose, and due to me screwing up majorly first round(I put all grass energy instead of fighting in my deck) and getting 2nd turned TWICE that day, I got like 16/20 something people for 15+
    Yeah that didnt work out so well, but I got a TON of good trades so yeah...