I'm a noob

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Chu51595, Mar 19, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Chu51595

Chu51595 New Member

Whats a tech?

2. WinkWinkNudgeNudge

WinkWinkNudgeNudge New Member

I'm a noob too. But this one I can answer. I basic deck revolves around some key pokemon. If you anticipate that your opponent will play a specific deck you can add a pokemon that can derail thier strategy. The core deck stays the same but you can rotate your techs based on your surroundings.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

You should read the "Encyclopedia of Pokemon Terminology" in this same forum from which I quote....

"Tech - A card that is put in a deck in a quantity of 1 or 2 to deal with specific threats (such as putting in Pichu to a non-PP deck to deal with common PPs or Wooper/Magmar in a Grass deck to deal with Weakness/Resistance)."

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

A tech is a card or combination of cards that isn't considered the main attacker or support for a deck. Tech cards are typically used to shore up a weakness of the main deck build or to give a standard deck build a few more options during the game that could throw your opponent off and get you a win. Tech cards can range from Basic Pokemon that have interesting attacks (Latios*, Latias*, and Rayquaza* from DX) or effects (Plusle and Minun from SW) to stage 2 cards that help a deck out without requiring the tech to always be there (Dusknoir DP, Blastoise d from CG). Tech cards can also consist of single or small amounts of special energy or or even trainers. Cyclone, Warp, and Heal Energy could all be considered tech cards in a deck while something like a single Strength Charm or Plus Power could also be teched into a deck.

4. Chu51595

Chu51595 New Member

Oh yeah, while I've made a thread, how do you run 1-0-1 lines or 2-1-2 lines or such where the middle pokemon is missing or in lower numbers then the stage 2 'mon?

5. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

You run Rare Candies.