Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I'm Back!!!

POKEMAN

Well folks, I'm back! I've been out of it for a few years (since '06) due to school and money. There aren't any leagues or tourneys locally which is wierd for SoCal, but whatever. Anyway, I thought I would update everyone on my life a bit.

I started the TCG when I was 8ish back when jungle set was the new hot thing. I played at a local league at TRU, untill they decided we were stealing their pokecards from the locked employee storage and kicked us out of the store. So, I have been playing since Jungle, but out of the game for all practicle purposes since around Delta.

I am currently finishing up at a local community college on everything I can get done there (math, physics, and general), and will be attending Cal Poly Pomona this fall for Aerospace Engineering (still can't engineer a decent deck design though, lol). I have been playing the TCG still with friends on occasion and STILL playing the old game boy tcg game.

I'm also still very active in my Emerald and Diamond versions, but my fire-red, leaf-green, and Saphire ALL got jacked by this kid I know, though I can't prove it and don't want to go ninja on him. Luckilly I had all 9 of my legit shinys trasnfered to my Diamond version about 2 weeks before the others were stollen (only thing I miss was my 50+ mudkips, 2 boxes of 'em, lol, some had really good IVs though).

I went to worlds in '06 and played a Rocklock that went 6-1, ironically I lost to my friend whom I had given a ride there.

I'm glad to be back!!!

POKEMAN

PS: Does anyone know where I can find a list of current cards legal for play?!?!? The one at pokebeach isn't working and I can't find one anywhere.

Hi, welcome back. I really like your username!!!

Ok, well you can use the researching tower as a current gallery of all the cards you can use. Pretty much the format, which will change very soon, is expected to be cards from Diamond Pearl and every set after that. Just learn the symbols, the names of the more recent sets, the abbreviations and you're good to go!

Where in So Cal are you? There are leagues around but tournaments should start popping up in a few months.

If you're looking for a league the OP site has a league locator.

I'm in Moreno Valley and I haven't look recently, but since they kicked up out of TRU around 2000, the closest league was a good 30 miles away, and the closest tourneys were about 50-60 miles away through traffic (90 minutes at least)

I tried to check a few days ago, but parts of the OP site seemed to be down, especially the parts I needed. But I'll ckeck that right now. It will probably be better to, as I now have my own personal transportation and don't have to relly on my mon to take me everwhere like when I was 12. I'm now 20 with a car, a motorcycle, and a scooter. I ride the scooter the most, as it is way more fun than any of the others, as well as being extremely good on gas (read: cheap). :biggrin:

:goes to check OP site:

POKEMAN

Thanks for the compliment on the name. I've had this since forever and was actually suprised that it wasn't already taken when I joined here in '03. I guess I laid claim to it early. :biggrin: <---I love these smilies

Last edited:
Finally got the OP site to work with my PC (sortof anyway) and found a league that fit my schedule about 20 min away. I'm gonna check it out this friday. It's at a swapmeet with a 50cent entry price, but it's probably worth it if there are more than about 3 people.

POKEMAN

Back