I'm not allowed to participate in a CC

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Rainbowgym, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

OKe guys help me out because what I just read is to bad for words.

We will have 3 CC's
    1. In Groningen, players from outside that region are not wanted and are not allowed to play. They have only 8 subcribtions now and that "TO" is going to do the CC at his home (yes Private residence).
    His words are on his website and translated they say:
    Players from other regions who normally not come to my tournaments can not participate I refuse to let them play. You will not get the change to come and earn a bye .

That guy is normally only doing unlimited tournaments with mixed rules once per 2 months.

2. Leiden may 1st CC agegroup 11-14 may 2nd maybe a CC for 10- and 15+

Also this guy is normally only doing unlimited tournaments but once a month.
    The place he is doing this tournament have a very dangerous stair and when you are disabled you cannot get upstairs. You are not allowed to use the restroom in the store on the groundlevel, but you have to go outside walk to McD and go the the toilet overthere.

3. Made - this one is correct and will be a fun day to go.

What can I do with this?
    So me and my players are not accepted in Groningen.
    I can't go to Leiden because I have backproblems and that stairs is to dangerous for me.

The same appears for my friend in Amsterdam with the other "Pokemonclub"
    We have 100 players and at least 20 of them want to try to earn a bye and now we can't.

HELP

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Do you have links to the site?
    Google will translate for us.

Also, what is wrong with #3?

3. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

She is saying nothing is wrong with #3.

Meaning it is being run properly and is the only one which wshe will be able to attend. (Lia, correct me if I am wrong)

4. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Nr 3 Is going to be a great day. We are with 5 profs and 2 of them are judging at that location. And that will be the only true CC.

here is the link

http://www.oprit.rug.nl/koster04/

Pop sorry for making duplicates, but I really don't know what to do anymore.
    At least regarding OP.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  5. Dek

Dek New Member

As with most TO problems, my best suggestion is to get the name of this "Tournament Organizer," report him/her to POP/PUI/Pomemon Company/Nintendo/whoever you need to contect (sorry for making it so detailed, I just dont know who to contact).

6. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

The problem is that PUi/POP/Nintendo/Local Distributor ignores all concerns from us.

You know who official Tournament Organizer of this is: Our National (local) Distributor and PUI is not going to let them fail. Now how can you explain this?

NOwere to ge with this, as fas as I can oversee.

7. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

THE TO IS THE DISTRIBUTOR

You can read Jarrod Nack's responses here http://www.pokegym.net/showpost.php?p=59116&postcount=82 Jarrod is head of International OP.

POP can you bring this up at the rules meeting tonight? It would appear to be a blatant disregard of the Floor Rules. All sides appear to be in danger of bringing the game into disrepute :(

Please note that for all it might appear that we in Europe look out for opportunities to attack PUI/POP/ USA that is not the case. I DO NOT HAVE A VIEW on who is right or wrong. Rather that the situation in the Netherlands is serious and not improving. It is hard to see who is the arsonist and who is the fire fighter. I have a great deal of sympathy for the Distributor and equally for Lia. It is unsurprising that I respect Lia and what she has achieved at her league. I have no experience of the distributor, so in that regard only I am biased.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  8. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

NoPoke

It is not my intention to blamage or attack.
    All I am trying for months is keeping a Pokemonclub running and give those players equal changes, which they still don't get.
    Equal inside this country and outside this country.
    International is International and not excluding a country from rules, because a distributor doesn't understand OP.
    It's their job and these are the results of a 4 years experience as Head OP of a country.

If they don't want to let me personal organize anything or don't want me to be official leagues, fine. We can play without that.
    Bet I NEVER EVER will allow anyone to exclude my players (they are kids) from any event, which is open and should be free to participate.

9. Michel

Michel New Member

'Pop, another thing to add to the meeting.

The Franch distributor, Asmodee, will run a National but will authorize cards in French only. US cards will be banned.
    I'm quite sure that this is against PUP Floor rules too.

It would be great if PUI imposed to ALL the distributors in the World to follow the international POP rules.
    If a private TO doesn't follow these rules, the tournament will be invalidated. The same must be done for the Premiere events and PUI should be aware of that.

Thanks

10. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Michel I don't know if you have the International POP TO Handbook but this is in it, load and clear.

But I like this one even better

So if you are not following the ruling you priviliges are removed, that will leave us without a distributor.

11. Michel

Michel New Member

Right Rainbowgym, but I don't believe that PUI will ban a TO if he's the local distributor :rolleyes:

If we want POP, and Pokemon, to have a good reputation, the first thing to do is to follow the Floor rules.
    And as 'the example must come from above', distributors are the people who have to be the most careful about that.

If the rules are not followed, and if PUI don't sanction it, that will mean that these rules are useless and that POP is PNOP (Pokemon Non Organized Play). :D
    Why would we have to respect something that the responsibles of POP don't follow ? :p

I'm sure that in these cases, Holland and France, it's just a question of good information to give by PUI to the distributors about Premiere events and OP in general. I cannot believe that the distributors take such decisions and know that it's against the rules :cool:

12. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

I find this interesting. Restricting CCs to the local players seems just, although also detrimental. For example:

With 4 CCs in Colorado, at least a dozen of my local players traveled to the other CCs to play. Out of 12 possible CC medals, my local players captured 9. BTW, an outsider from VA actually took a medal at our local CC, which seems just I suppose since our players did the same at other CCs.

Now, since the State Championship is in our local city, I might not be seeing about 7 or more non-locals coming into town because we "took" their CC medals.

So, I can see both sides of this issue (restricting outsiders from playing). Both sides have good points and bad points, irregardless of the Rules.

Furthermore, our CC tournaments in the US were advertised as "open." We COULDN'T restrict attendance, even from previous CC champs. Were the international CCs also announced as "open?" If not, I don't see anything in the PUI Rulings that prevent a TO from restricting attendance.

13. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

NOt if you have only 3 CC's in your whole country

14. Michel

Michel New Member

15. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

I just called a laywer, because this kind of discrimination has to stopped and well right now.

We can go to court from a short procedure or go to the press and make this public, then some laywer will get into this.

If you organize a tournament under personal title then you are allowed to refuse players, but If you do this under the wings of a company you are not allowed.

16. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Thanks Michel.

I still think that "open" and "City" Championship is a bit of an oxymoron. :)

That aside, I guess this TO appears to have a serious problem understanding what "open" means.

17. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Not only this TO has a problem also the distributor.

It looks now the CC is cancelled because it's not in the locator anymore. Or they decided to go underground,
    Just nothing to find untill at the day the event will take place, Than in the morning sanctioning it.
    Because this locations is 3 hours driving away, that means none of our players will get there in time.
    I will not be suprised if our National Distributor spinned again and "invented" this solution.

Problem solved, NO not really.

18. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

In reading the Season 8 League instructions, I am reminded that Leagues MAY NOT be held in private residences - so why would any POP-sanctioned event?????

19. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Simple because the Dutch Head OP (distributor) never looked at the International POP TO Handbook.

Remember they had the superior knowlegde of OP.