I'm not sure if this is posted anywhere...

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by d13tp3ps1, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

2. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

More-Damn-Pokemon-Cards, indeed.

It's new news to me, I just felt like reiterating what everyone's thinking right now.

3. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

I haven't seen the press release yet. This is great news though!

4. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

on go-pokemon.com, there is further info. Including a statement that there is a parallel holographic set. Is that just the reverse holo cards that are in every pack?

5. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Yes, OP's got stuff here and here.
    I can't say I've liked the pack art lately.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  6. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

wow the beach and gym are slacking, usually they have threads with the pack art and press release.
    But yah MD had much better pack art than this set.

7. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

MD? I'd say MD's was worse, if possible.

8. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

Yeah, I was like "uh...is this weeks old? Should I even post it?" because i checked the beach, and nothing.
    Glad I posted it though.

As for the pack art...why orange and blue? Ugh, why?! Why not something classy like brown and grey. Or black. Or yellow. Or magenta.

(I hate blue and orange together, by the way. If you can't tell.)

9. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

o rllllllllllllly? :p

10. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

sorry wpm, i tried to check ure site before i included it but it was down or something so....

11. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I find it suspcious that the press release would say, 7 brand new lv.X and then say (including mewtwo) when Mewtwo is coming out in the tin. Could that mean that the tin lv.Xs will be numbered in the set and that there will only actually be 5 other lv.Xs in the set? Could that mean that the Mewtwo lv.X in the set is alternative art? This is what I think will happen.

We will get 7 lv.Xs in the set. 2 will include alternative art of Rhyperior and Mewtwo lv.X and 5 othr lv.Xs. We will then get the 2 tins with the original art Rhyperior lv.X and Mewtwo lv.X in them. I think that makes the most sense.

Let's play devil's advocate though. What if the lv.Xs in the tins are the same exact cards as the ones in the set? Take about a loss of value. Didn't pull a Mewtwo lv.X in your box? Go buy a tin and complete your set. Oh you pulled 2 Mewtwo lv.X in your box? Great, they are worth a whopping $15 each. Nah, that wouldn't happen.

12. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

well the 5 will then be

1A
    2M
    3U
    4Magnezone
    5Gliscor

I think that with this set being so huge and packed wih balanced cards there won't be such a bad format next year.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  13. Spirit Of Mew

Spirit Of Mew New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.