Imageine life without rare candy?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Grandielle, Sep 13, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

Rare candies are found in almost every archetypes ever since it was printed out on EX Sandstorm and is reprinted again in OP5? IMO this reprint has saved many decks.I'm wondering IF Rare Candy gets rotated out in future formats and is not reprinted.The likes of Empoleon, R-gon, Mario will be totaled because all of them uses rare candy for speed. Let me hear your opinions please

2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Well if Rare Candy rotates, then those decks will too. -_- Rare Candy is being reprinted again in one of the Diamond and Pearl sets. No worries. Rare Candy is here to stay!

EDIT: And I think this is the wrong forum for this. should be in single cards?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

I'm not so sure if rare candy is helping us right now. The player going second gets to go Rare Candy Stage2 DRE KO I win. Thats not healthy with invites determined by ratings. Its not Candy's fault that this is happening, but Candy is a key card in the strategy.

There is no doubt in my mind that the slower stage 2 decks need acceleration to make them playable. BUT RC appears to be giving just a bit too much assistance to the FTKO. Right now I think the old Pokémon Breeder would be a better option.

4. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

Yes i agree with that.Rare candy helps sets up T2/3 KOs with DRE combos

5. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

i hope rare candy will be like potion, and will never get rotated.

6. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Off to a more suited forum....

7. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

they wont not print rare candy ever again IMO
    if they did, stage one decks would have a massive advantage in terms of speed (more than they already even do), and most stage two decks would probably fall out of favor with players

8. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

^agrees 100%. If stage 2 decks didn't have candy avaliable, it would slow them down to the point where they couldn't beat stage 1 decks 80% of the time just because of this limit on speed (and the fact that most stage 1s are hitting for about the same as stage 2s now).

9. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

The day they get rid of Candy is the day they stop rinting stage 2's. They'd die in any format.

10. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

no candy = no stage 2 decks = not cool = no ppl wants to play = they lose money

11. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Kricketune

'Nuff said.

12. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

:lol: I don't even know why the keep printing Potion over and over. Nobody serious plays it. They might just stop making Rare Candy once they realize that almost everyone is playing it, and most in quantities of four.

13. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

No it's back to haymakers!!!1111

14. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

potion is played in every good deck =/
    you use ledian d to search them out

15. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Potion are the first 4 cards in each of my deck!

16. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

you need to shuffle better then :D