Imperial Control (DP-on) *Article*

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by EmPoLeOnDudE, Jul 4, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmPoLeOnDudE

EmPoLeOnDudE New Member

Hi everyone! I feel that constructing a deck on my own is the greatest achievement in Pokemon TCG. Recently, I browsed through several unreleased cards; and I thought to myself: Wouldn't it be nice if I can invent a completely new concept (or a concept which is rarely heard of) and make a deck out of it?

Thus, I will present to you a fresh, new concept that can ultilise 2 entirely different strategies to result in 2 entirely different outcomes in just 1 single deck---> The Imperial Control which uses a type of lock called the "energy lock". It can allow the opponent to think deeply to decide if he/she wants to play along with 1 of the 2 strategies. Translations of cards will be provided. Any constuctive criticisms and comments are greatly appreciated.:pokeball:

Pokemon (20)
    4 Piplup MD (Pecha Berry)
    2 Prinplup DP
    3 Empoleon *DP6*(Steel type)
    1 Empoleon Lv.X DP

2 Lugia SW

2 Azelf *DP5*
    2 Azelf Lv.X *DP5*

2 Baltoy GE
    2 Claydol GE

Trainers (25)
    4 PokeDrawer +- *DP6*
    4 PokeBlower +- *DP6*
    3 Rare Candy GE
    3 Roseanne's Research SW
    3 Bebe's Search MT/SW
    2 Warp Point DP/MD
    2 Prof. Oak's Visit SW
    2 Night Maintenance MT/SW
    2 Premier Ball GE

Energy (15)
    7 Water
    4 Psychic
    2 Multi
    2 Call

Card Translations(Credit by Pokebeach) (DP5/DP6)
    Empoleon LV.52 - Steel - HP130
    Stage 2 - Evolves from Prinplup

Poke-Power: Imperial Aura
    This Power can be used once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Evolve your Active Pokemon. During your opponent's next turn, your opponent can't attach any Energy cards from hand to any of his or her Pokemon.

[C][C] Steel Wing: 40 damage. Any damage done to Empoleon by attacks during your opponent's next turn is reduced by 20.

[W][C][C] Whirlpool: 60 damage. Flip a coin, if heads discard an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+30)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 2

Azelf LV.55 – Psychic – HP70
    Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Time Walk
    You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench. Look at all of your face-down Prize cards, then return them face-down. If you'd like, you may choose 1 Pokemon card out of those Prize cards, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. If you do, choose 1 card from your hand and play it face-down as a Prize card.

[P] Imprison: 20 damage. The Defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)
    Retreat: 1

Azelf Lv.X – Psychic – HP90
    Level Up

Poke-Body: Psychic Aura
    All of your Psychic Pokemon in play have no Weakness.

[P] Deep Balance: Place a number of damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon equal to the number of Energy your opponent has in play.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
    Retreat: 1

PokeDrawer+ – Trainer

You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.

If you play 1 copy of this card, draw 1 card from your deck.

If you play 2 copies of this card, search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. (This counts as the effect of both cards.)

PokeBlower+ – Trainer

You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.

If you play 1 copy of this card, flip a coin, if heads place 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon.

If you play 2 copies of this card, choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with the opponent’s Active Pokemon. (This counts as the effect of both cards.)

Strategy & Card Explanations
    Pokemon
    Piplup
    Used to evolve into Empoleon. Splatter is also decent for minor damage spread which is useful for mid-late game.

Prinplup
    Aqua Shower is it's main use. This can really benefit the second of the 2 strategies.

Empoleon
    I feel that I don't have to use special metals on it because of its Lv.X. It's main use is the incredible Poke-Power; which is where the energy-lock comes in. It is great for strategy 1 with Lugia and its Lv.X form for strategy 2 with Azelf Lv.X. Its Steel Wing is decent for stalling and its Whirlpool for occasional disruption. Rare Candy is used to speed up its Power use.

Empoleon Lv.X
    Basically compliments with both strategies of the deck and bring them as one. Supreme Command and Hydro Impact is vital for the deck's success.

Lugia
    A binder card? Well, not for this deck. Its Psychic Destruction works very well with Empoleon DP6's Poke-Power as the 1st outcome; to prevent energy attachments to my opponent's pokemon and this attack does 120 damage! This card can shine brightly when it comes to this deck. Silver Wing is also great if I have to start with it.

Azelf
    Its Poke-Power is just amazing; even for a "drop" effect. 2 of them are used to prevent vital Pokemon from being prized. Imprison is just perfect for Strategies 1 & 2. Getting Empoleons out this way is also useful.

Azelf Lv.X
    It is the meat of strategy 2; the damage spread strategy in any case when my opponent finds a chance to attach energies to his/her Pokemon. Its Poke-Body covers up its own weakness. I like its only 1 [P] attachment for its entire line. It is mainly used to turn my opponent's energy back at them as damage.

Baltoy
    To evolve into Claydol. Psychic Balance helps with a small hand of cards.

Claydol
    Cosmic Power allows me to cut down on my draw supporters; in this case Prof.Oak's Visit.

Trainers are self-explanatory but there are some cards worth to mention:
    Trainers
    PokeDrawer +-
    An amazing card for a trainer even if I need to use both at the same time for its best effect. The New Age Computer Search.

PokeBlower +-
    The New Age Gust Of Wind. Although only used twice at most in any deck due to its effect, it can decide game wins or losses.

Premier Ball
    My Empoleons and Azelfs need it. 2 is used for consistency.

Energy
    Water
    My Empoleon line needs it.

Psychic
    Can be useful when Azelf and Lugia comes in.

Multi
    Water & Psychic Energy Card anyone?

Call
    Occasionally used to prevent horrible starts. 2 is used because some cards like Azelf depend on its "drop" effect.

Currently, I'm not too sure if this deck is going competitive. However, I'm sure you will enjoy playing it as a fun deck too.:cool:

2. ashinto

ashinto New Member

this seems like a good rogue deck, but u will have to wait till november to get the cards to play the deck.

3. thethirdckelly1

thethirdckelly1 New Member

I like the deck, but...did you ever actually say what the first and second strategy were?
    I got that the second strategy is azelf lv. X spread. Is the first strategy just energy denial?

Please explain how these cards work together. It seems like empoleon's power just weakens azelf X's attack.

4. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

The Empo Line should be 4-4-4 (no joke) of the DP6 Empoleon with 4 Super Scoop Up,4 Rare candy. You want to keep that lock of theno energy as soon as possible. If only energy removal 2 were still in the format the card would be broken.

Maybe phione would be a good investment in the deck as well.
    I like the lugia idea though, nice job on that one.

Just givin you my 2 sense, which is like 2 million dollars compared to your 2 sense (don't get mad mods it's a joke).

Overall
    before changes - 8/10
    after changes - 8.5/10

You will also want to take out stuff for 4 special metal energy because the empo will then be like old scizor EX. Reduce 60 Damage!!

5. lestatxxx

lestatxxx New Member

*- 2 warp point

+ 2 energy warp (DP6)

6. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

my only problem here is the 2 stratagies are incompatable. Azelf relies on your opponent having piles of energy around, while Empoleon prevents just that...

Also, i Disagree with the AAP, as, since this is a 2 color deck to begin with, throwing in the metals would just clog things up imo.

7. EmPoLeOnDudE

EmPoLeOnDudE New Member

I understand your reasoning with the 2 incompatable strategies; however the deck is meant to function this way. When Empoleon fails to hinder my opponent's setup along with Lugia, the deck immediately changes to a backup strategy with Empoleon Lv.X and Azelf Lv.X which forces their energy attachments to backfire. I agree that placing special metals aren't very practical because they can't be searched out with Roseanne's and Empoleon Lv.X with other Pokemon in the deck don't need them.

8. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

Thats sounds great in theory, but my worry is still having a "Backup Plan" that so harshly conflicts with your main idea. For example, there will come a time, assuming you play this deck often enough, that, while your stratagy works, you will need to hit with something else.
    Maybe your Empo's are all low on HP, and he Patched an energy onto his active so Lugia cant hit. Your left with Claydol or Azelf. With Azelf, you can hit for maybe 20-30, if that. And Claydol is a poor attacker to begin with in all honesty. All of a sudden, your stuck.
    Its a stretch i know, but at some point that will happen. I would look at what decks are currently abusing the Energy Accelaeration in the format (Patches and Togekiss really, Lefeon is from the hand so Empo will prevent it). Those are the decks that the Empo will have issues with. The big decks abusing Togekiss right now are Garchomp and Skittles. So maybe taking a look at something that can help with those match ups would be a better choice.
    Im just giving my veiw here, i do like the deck idea, and had never seen that Empo until now. I want to try somethings with it now too ^_^

9. mca3

mca3 New Member

Nice Idea, dude! I didnt think anyone would find a way to use EmpoSteel as a Main attacker, but Great Job! I hope it works for you.

10. EmPoLeOnDudE

EmPoLeOnDudE New Member

Good point you've made there. I have thought through such a possibility so that is why PokeBlower+- is in the deck. Most probably there will be at least 1 or 2 Pokemon I can pick off with Lugia. As for the Togekiss Acceleration possibility; I might consider adding Pokemon like the new Lanturn to deal with Energy spreads. I'm glad that more people are paying attention to the Steel Empoleon after browsing through this deck. I believe that its loss of sniping ability can completely change it into a new way of play. Perhaps Bubble Coat may also be a possible addition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.