Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Important Locationn Change For Cleveland Cc March 27, 2004

Dayton_Pokémom

We had problems with the Day's Inn in Independence and had to change the venue. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions please email, PM or ask here.

The medals will be engraved Independence, OH.

When: March 27, 2004
Where: Indiana Wesleyan University Cleveland Education & Conference Center, 4100 Rockside Road, Independence Oh 44131
If you would like door to door directions please email and we will provide them for you.

Registration: 10:00 AM- 11:00 AM - DECKLISTS will be required. Email us for a copy of one and what format you would like it in (Word or PDF)
1st Round: 11:15 AM
Cost: $5.00
Structure: Age Modified Swiss
Format: Modified. Team Aqua Vs. Team Magma WILL NOT BE LEGAL FOR THIS EVENT PER PUI! Cards from the following sets will be allowed: Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby/Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragons, Black Star Promos numbered 001 and up

Side Events:
Booster Draft $15.00
Sealed $20.00

We will have everything set up so that those who want can get the Jirachi patch, so bring your GBA/SP, Ruby and/or Sapphire GBA Cartridge!

Please email any questions to:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Wow, that is so great!!! That is a huge load off my back! :eek: I cant wait! :D :D :D :D Thank you Nintendo and I will look forward to meeting Steve and Margarat!!!:clap::clap:

Dayton_Pokémom said:
Hello! I wanted to let everyone know that Steve and I got the go ahead from Nintendo today to run the Cleveland/Parma CC. We are doing our best to find a venue and get the event locked in. As soon as we have more information we will post it.

Hi, I am one of the players in Cleveland and we have found a location at "North Royalton " Library in one of their rooms. WDZ henry has rented out the room from 12-4 on 2-28. To get to the library...

from 77: get off at the Broadview Hts. exit and continue up the same road(RT.82) until you get to State Rd. Make a left on State and the library will appear on your right.

from 71: get off at Strongsville and head away from the mall on the road you get off on(RT.82) and continue to travel until you come to State Rd. It takes at least 10 minutes. Make a right on state and the library is on your right.

Hope to see evrybody there!!!

The library is not the official place for the CC. Steve and I are still working on finding a place. We are not able to run the event on Feb 28 as we informed Nintendo. It will be in March. We are not going to post any dates until we have a venue. We are working with Steve McLaughlin and hope to have everything finalized soon.

Eric, we're working hard on finding a venue and setting a date. We ask for everyone's patience as this is a very short deadline for all involved. We're working very closely with POP to make this event go off. Stay tuned!

Keep the details coming, I am definitely interesting in playing in this one. And with my weekend structure here at work, I only work the last weekend of the month, so I should be good. Should be lots of fun. Don't think that won't compete in this CC because I've already won a medal. I want to win one in my own home state as well :p

~Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell: said:
Don't think that won't compete in this CC because I've already won a medal. I want to win one in my own home state as well :p
Wouldn't the kinder, more generous thing to do be to volunteer to help judge this event rather than play again, especially since it's being pulled together at the last minute by Dayton GL and Dayton Pokémom? You've already won once, and I'm guessing that Steve and Margaret are looking for judges, since the former York GLs are all out of the game...

JMHO...
'mom

If anyone from Michigan is making the trip down, and could possibly give me a ride with them, i will be willing to pay for gas costs. Otherwise its doubtful but i may be able to show.

tA

Okay Pokemom,

For the SECOND time you are attacking my character. For your information, instead of competing in another out of state tourney, and out of respect to Sensei I helped him judge. And according to him, I did a great job. Now, it IS my home state, I appreciate your opinion, but I do wish to compete in the Cleveland CC, it is where I've played my entire gaming career and is my home state. It's not like I'm going to automatically win. For you to assume that strikes against the high amount of talent that is there. It's not out of malice or greed, but because I simply enjoy competition.

~Jim Ferrell

Yeah. I am with Gymbo here. He also has the ability to win more free product. My original goal was to try to win as many CCs as possible. I aimed to get four but alas lone basics and energy draws do not agree with this goal so I will have to settle for the Cleveland one ;) Sorry Gymbo, looks like your character will not need checking as this ones in the bag ;) Hehe.

Also, Steve, a suggestions for this event. Do an appropriate amount of swiss rounds, and than do t8 with match play. I can see match play for swiss being too time consuming but I am confident anyone who t8s would not object to 2 out of 3 games.

We wanted to get some feedback about what the payers would like to see for side events. If there is a format that isn’t listed that you would like post it and it can go into consideration as well. If everything goes as planned all side events will be using the Team Magma VS Team Aqua expansion.

Theme Deck Challenge

Booster Draft

Sealed

Rochester Draft

GBA Battle Tower

The cost for most events will be ~$15-20 with the exception of the GBA Battle Tower Event, which will be free. Bear in mind that availability will be based on how much product we can buy out of pocket.

Cooltrainer Aaron reporting for duty *civilian salutes*

I'm ready to rock and roll this CC, I've been waiting for this for 3 months now and I'm pretty much walking on the cieling in anticipation.

I'd like the Sealed Deck Aqu/Mag, and a Theme Deck

Back